Member Spotlight
pat
pat
Brookfield, CT.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
49 registered members (diver67, Travel Talker, StMartinFan, steve74, Kathleen, RickinAtlanta, WWII, Memphré, nevar37, KirkB, SacoFrank, MrEZgoin, Alltech63, cabokid, VirginGordaResident, ColoBoater, pony600, BillDauterive, SoakInSaltwater, foreversxm, Bigdaddy, tmsxmsails, RonDon, lcote, Don_and_Linda, GeorgeC1, Kevin_B, Wahnfried, Zanshin, Matt W, Time Will Tell, camview, jagmansr, JeanneB, Fran, bkigar, YachtReprise, Bakoguy, sailingbob, SXMScubaman, 9 invisible), 943 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Foxy's #142157
09/10/2017 11:55 PM
09/10/2017 11:55 PM
CA, USA
Pvgreg Offline OP
Traveler
Pvgreg  Offline OP
Traveler
CA, USA
The Foxy's website says roof and building are gone but pictures on smugmug seem to show the roof and building are still there but the dock is gone. Anyone have more info or the status of Foxy and his wife?

BVI Sponsors
Re: Foxy's [Re: Pvgreg] #142158
09/13/2017 02:06 AM
09/13/2017 02:06 AM
CA, USA
Pvgreg Offline OP
Traveler
Pvgreg  Offline OP
Traveler
CA, USA
Does anyone have any Foxy's updates? I have also been trying to get information about Cynthia and Harris' Place. I saw a picture of a boat upside down on Sidney's and in the distance it looked like Harris' was badly damaged. I have been unable to find anything on TTOL or the internet about about her. I hope she is ok.

Re: Foxy's [Re: Pvgreg] #142159
09/13/2017 07:08 AM
09/13/2017 07:08 AM
Macon, Georgia
GlennA Offline
Traveler
GlennA  Offline
Traveler
Macon, Georgia
Looks like the front end of foxy's is gone but the kitchen is still there. Harris' looks like it is gone. Just the slab and part of some walls.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. - Mark Twain
Re: Foxy's [Re: Pvgreg] #142160
09/13/2017 07:36 AM
09/13/2017 07:36 AM
VIRGINIA
B
BEERMAN Offline
Traveler
BEERMAN  Offline
Traveler
B
VIRGINIA
This was posted this morning on Foxys Tamarind Bar facebook,

Dear Friends:
I am writing to provide you with an update to the best of my ability. To say the least communications with JVD and even between islands for average people is limited.Yesterday I communicated directly with Foxy's (David, Justine), Government, colleagues from UK that have been charged with doing assessments and friends on Tortola. I pass on second hand but what I heard DIRECTLY from them.
VIA SATELLITE PHONE:
FOXY's (David & Justine):"we are ok". They were very upset that someone on the island has been issuing fake reports about violence. They asked me to pass along word that the reports are fake. There are a few boats in water and moving things around now.
VIA TEXT:
BVI GOVERNMENT/DISASTER MANAGEMENT: "5 tons of food and water was distributed to JVD with Medication." "I had recon out there today and they reported that all was peaceful."
Assessment -- the situation is bad but if there is a life threatening situation JVDers have access to Emergency Response sytems (VISAR, etc) The special needs patients were taken off island are receiving medical attention.
CURRENT SUPPORT/AID:
Although there was a bottleneck, things have started flowing slowly with expectation that things will be coming in soon. THEY NEED STUFF we are asking them to be as specific as possible and one problem is that our access point through Puerto Rico is being overwhelmed and selling out of everything. (Rosa spent hours trying to get a chainsaw and they sold it out from under her). Help is also on the way from St. Croix (Kenny Chesney and others) and we are hoping it makes its way to JVD as much has been going to USVI and not JVD/BVI
THE ROAD AHEAD: IS LONG AND HARD.
Assistance will drop off after the initial shock of this epic disaster wears off. Please do not forget us. We need your help.
Please consider donating to the GO FUND ME Page https://www.gofundme.com/jost-van-dyke-humanitarian-aid or directly to the Jost Van Dykes Preservation Society at www.jvdps.org You can email JVDPS Director (me) at susanjvdps@gmail.com to learn about tax deductible contributions and how the money is being used.
Note that lots of GO FUND me and $ requests are being set up. JVDPS Inc although Environment and heritage focused was set up over 10 years ago. We are the only charity on JVD that is legally registered in the BVI and also in the US as a 501c3. As an established NPO, we have an existing relationship with BVI and UK agencies. This means that we are likely to be able to take your donation and use it to leverage other grants and opportunities maximising the impact of your donation. It also means that our work will be integrated into national plans in the BVI. Please consider learning more.

Re: Foxy's [Re: BEERMAN] #142161
09/13/2017 10:49 AM
09/13/2017 10:49 AM
C
Cleobeach Offline
Traveler
Cleobeach  Offline
Traveler
C
BEERMAN said:
This was posted this morning on Foxys Tamarind Bar facebook,

Dear Friends:
I am writing to provide you with an update to the best of my ability. To say the least communications with JVD and even between islands for average people is limited.Yesterday I communicated directly with Foxy's (David, Justine), Government, colleagues from UK that have been charged with doing assessments and friends on Tortola. I pass on second hand but what I heard DIRECTLY from them.
VIA SATELLITE PHONE:
FOXY's (David & Justine):"we are ok". They were very upset that someone on the island has been issuing fake reports about violence. They asked me to pass along word that the reports are fake. There are a few boats in water and moving things around now.
VIA TEXT:
BVI GOVERNMENT/DISASTER MANAGEMENT: "5 tons of food and water was distributed to JVD with Medication." "I had recon out there today and they reported that all was peaceful."
Assessment -- the situation is bad but if there is a life threatening situation JVDers have access to Emergency Response sytems (VISAR, etc) The special needs patients were taken off island are receiving medical attention.
CURRENT SUPPORT/AID:
Although there was a bottleneck, things have started flowing slowly with expectation that things will be coming in soon. THEY NEED STUFF we are asking them to be as specific as possible and one problem is that our access point through Puerto Rico is being overwhelmed and selling out of everything. (Rosa spent hours trying to get a chainsaw and they sold it out from under her). Help is also on the way from St. Croix (Kenny Chesney and others) and we are hoping it makes its way to JVD as much has been going to USVI and not JVD/BVI
THE ROAD AHEAD: IS LONG AND HARD.
Assistance will drop off after the initial shock of this epic disaster wears off. Please do not forget us. We need your help.
Please consider donating to the GO FUND ME Page https://www.gofundme.com/jost-van-dyke-humanitarian-aid or directly to the Jost Van Dykes Preservation Society at www.jvdps.org You can email JVDPS Director (me) at susanjvdps@gmail.com to learn about tax deductible contributions and how the money is being used.
Note that lots of GO FUND me and $ requests are being set up. JVDPS Inc although Environment and heritage focused was set up over 10 years ago. We are the only charity on JVD that is legally registered in the BVI and also in the US as a 501c3. As an established NPO, we have an existing relationship with BVI and UK agencies. This means that we are likely to be able to take your donation and use it to leverage other grants and opportunities maximising the impact of your donation. It also means that our work will be integrated into national plans in the BVI. Please consider learning more.

I work with community foundations (board member) and I bolded the above to highlight the importance of the statement.

Re: Foxy's [Re: Pvgreg] #142162
09/13/2017 11:13 AM
09/13/2017 11:13 AM
Maryland, US
gordapeak Offline
Traveler
gordapeak  Offline
Traveler
Maryland, US
And the world gets smaller - just got this from my wife:

The Weather channel was on in the lunchroom. I was lamenting that the “devastation” done by Irma to the BVI has been largely overlooked. David said, “Yes, that’s true. I have family down there who lost their restaurant.” Where? “Jost van dyke”, he said, as if I had never heard of it. Then he said, “Ever heard of Foxy’s? Foxy’s Taboo was destroyed. Actually, Foxy is my cousin.”

Small world.

"Confidentially, I've had these problems with the tides before"