Trip Report 3/19/2010 to 3/27 8 Friends with more made.

Flamingo Hotel- Nice hotel check in easy not the nicest room but got it on expedia for 179.00 per night. Great location.
Continental _ Great. Keep this flight and the Newark Hub. James was great at check in we were wait list for first class but did not get it. Cleared customs in mins…

Room – Studio –
Beach at the Flamingo was good for a Day- Jaime the pool beach bartender was great!

Bad points about the hotel. The direct TV shuts down for an hour … at 4 am which is my time when I do a shuffle to the bathroom and then put the TV to get back to sleep…. So that did not sit well with me and it has to be known. One day my wife has just left and used the bathroom the value stuck open. She has left and had no idea… water was gushing everywhere down 4 floors. However they were there in minutes since the shut off value are in the walls Lastly the AC until is loud when cycling on. But for the price and the location I would stay there again and so would the other 3 couples.

Massage – Christiane not only gives you the best massage the total experience. We have been going to her for many years and my wife and I were blessed to have her and her services. The one hour massage with the Orient Beach and Breeze is the perfect setting . OMG we should have had two one the first or second day and one at the end of the trip. Her email is christianemassage@yahoo.fr her cell is 0690328151(French Side) She really is one of the best people we have ever been fortunate to meet and also been able to feel her calming presence. Merci Christiane

Running and Swimming on the Island- Ran every day on the island and swam. If you want to run… my favorite is to run up and down Orient early in the morning. On the hard sand first thing 6:30 am. People watching and great place to run. Also ran the golf course which is great near Mullet Beach. Had to hit the hill to the French side from Mullet it is a killer but great to do it. Ran the hills on Pinel and the beach back and forth. One of the local kids jumped in with me and was my pacer.
Two locals swam there and next time I want to do it too! Mullet Beach is my favorite place to swim with or without fins.

Beaches.

My favorite was and always will be Mullet. Orient two times our beach at The Flamingo was good but the crowd was too reserved. But it was good for one day. Cupecoy is also pretty good since the views and cliffs are like none other. I could spend 10 mins as my cool down to stretch after my run. I would then walk down to Mullet Bay to meet my wife and friends at Mullet where we spent most of our beach time.

People the entire island were great.
The entire staff at the Flamingo.
All the stores
Music bought the greatest cd local St Martin artist and cd - This Is Me - Shadow Man The CD has great songs to dance and chill to. In fact I have it added to my spin mix for my class which all my students loved.

Gas prices so high $68.00 for the week for a small car but worked fine from Dollar. Rental… $250 8 days not bad. Great staff too.

Breakfast- Zee Best (2 Places) Near Dollar at the airport. Get your lunch or dinner there before you board the plane. Great food to go and eliminate the need to eat plane or airport food. Simpson Bay for breakfast… Wow…
Great Staff for so many years welcome us back with open arms we have been going when they were in Marigot.

Lunch- Rosies Ribs Mullet and La String on Orient and Pineal the Beach far left.
Great waiter and the best frozen Mojitos ever. Trunk fish with grilled veggies super but not cheap. Friends picked out a lobster and grilled they loved it too.

Dinners all were always constantly good.
Sat night Boathouse Good
Sunday night Temptations. The best night for us all. 8 Round table great live piano… mix wow. The service from the owner and the personal touch she added was great. Expensive but well worth it. Everyone’s meal was 5 stars. Great drinks and wine! Got to go back.

Monday Buccaneer worst meal but ok. Light meal as we ate and drank so much on orient.

Tuesday. SPIGA Street fair dinner at 8:30 round table. We ran into people we know from NJ small world. Lara is great the owner tell her you know Filet Mignone and she should smile. But the pumpkin raviolis were great and everything was super. WORTH THE MONEY one of the best values on the island. It is a super place and wait staff was great. Street fair we got a car service to drop us off at one end of Grand Case and pick us up at Spiga. Walking the streets and listening to the locals and seeing the art… is one way to get into the French island culture island. Sooooo much fun…

Wed. Toppers at night at the hotel Good for one night we did not want to move after Pinel the whole day and large lunch

Thursday & Saturday - Pineapple Pete’s GREAT GREAT did I say great. Everything is super there live music close to the hotel walk or drive safe. We even did take out Sunday.

Friday- JOHNNY B UNDER THE TREE! My friend 50th B day party early we order the day in advance and met Johnny! We ordered from the new store near the bridge! Assortment of fish & lobster wow. Great value. … that night we ate outside at the hotel and put the two tables together outside perfect dinner party with our friends.

Night life

We were fried after beaching it all day and dinner however we did have one crazy time at the Topper Karoke on Thursday night. We got the whole place going with Sweet Caroline and Fist pumping with Tonight is going to be a good night… Wow.. Late night that night…

Sat. Clean the frigs somewhat but did Pineapple take out and Left over Johnny B’s

Sunday (Trick) Get your sandwich wrap at the Zee best store near the airport and bring it one board… you can share with your neighbor if you want but really.

Sorry it is not perfect but life isn't either but this trip was close to it...

People ask me why St Martin I say the best food the best beaches. Two different experiences on the same island