We have been home for 12 days and already looking forward to our next visit.

As we stayed for 8 weeks and I gave a couple of posting already during our stay. Things that we have now ticked off our “things to do” list are visits to the Madoudou factory and Porto Cupecoy, stopped at the top of Cay Hill to take pics. We still have items on the list but saving them for next time. The majority of our stay was spent on Orient (Club O end) enjoying company of old friends and make many new ones.

We cooked in a lot so will just give a few comments on mostly restaurants we visited (sorry but I don’t remember everything we ate as it is now quite a while ago – my memory is not so good). Remember these comments are from our experience and many of you may have other opinions.

Topper’s-by-the-Sea – we were invited by friends to go with them for the Thursday night dinner show. It was a very enjoyable evening we had garlic shrimp, lobster, prime rib and I think snapper. Food very good and we will return next year. The show was excerpts from the musical Chicago.

Dinghy Dock – we visited at least twice a week during our 8 week stay. At times we thought it was becoming a victim of it’s own popularity!! Several evenings it was very busy and so with only one waitress and one bartender wait times were quite long. This however did not stop us from returning. Larry said his favorite (the ribs $10) were not so “fall off the bone” good as he remembered, he also enjoyed their chili and raved about the pasta cabanara. I mostly had the nightly specials ( $15) and never had a bad meal. I particularly enjoyed Thursday night special of Mussels and Fries. You just can’t beat the ambiance of the Dinghy Dock and the friendliness of the staff.

Piazza Pascal (once) – we went once and had a wonderful meal. We actually met Donna on the beach on Orient (she walks it almost every day) and she took our reservation there and then – she has a great memory. Larry had the cabanara, I had sea bass crusted with pistachio and served with a squid ink risotto and our daughter had coconut shrimp also served with the squid ink risotto – she said they were the largest shrimp she had ever seen.

Pineapple Pete’s (x2) All the years we have been visiting SXM we had never been here. Larry was craving a lobster thermidor and it was Valentine’s night so off we went. I had lamb chops. He enjoyed the lobster so much we returned a couple of weeks later so he could have seconds. The second time we visited there was a very rowdy table of Italians enjoying their time together, so much so it was difficult conversing with our friends. It was very amusing when a new couple sat at the table next to us and after a couple of minutes the gentleman shouted “silence” – the group was so loud they did not hear him.

Eden – tried their Mussels and Fries – all you can eat – for $15. Food good but a lot of mosquitoes that night, so did not linger.

Calmos Café – had lunch of smoked salmon salad. Good food and wonderfully peaceful setting during the day.

Lotterie Farm – Took friends from Montreal for Sunday lunch. Wonderful setting and wonderful food. Walked around the grounds after lunch. By the way, they have now built a pool, fed by a natural spring, surrounded by a wooden deck and lounge chairs. It was not open for use as yet, but I was told that it would open soon and there are plans to build a few rooms as hotel accommodation in the grounds. I think it will be a wonderful alternative to a day at the beach.
When our daughter came down for a week we returned to take her to the Tree Top Tapas bar. She was very impressed with the décor and ambiance.

Taloula Mango – we met friends here on the Friday night of the Regatta. Had a couple of beers and some so-so nachos before strolling the boardwalk.

Westin for Sunday brunch – went with friends for the $50 p.p. champagne brunch. Champagne flowed freely, cold buffet and desert buffet excellent, but the hot food was just OK. I called to make a reservation but was told it was not necessary. We arrived before the doors were open and there was a long line. Consequently we had to sit inside and it was unbearable hot. The a/c had not been turned on early enough. In the end they opened the doors to outside to let in a breeze.

BZH Creperie (3 or 4 times) - Larry said we don't have to go all the way to Marigot anymore to have crepes because they are better here at BZH. He enjoyed the egg, cheese and ham crepe each time we went there. I tried the warm goat cheese salad and the beef carpaccio (?sp) all excellent.

Mama Pizza(x1) We went when we first arrived in January and although the pasta was on the menu it was still not available, but I have heard that it is now being served. Excellent pizza, half all dressed, half three cheese.

Floaters[/b](x1) In the old Big Fish location. Shared a conch carpaccio, I had shrimp stuffed snapper and Larry had bouillabaisse (?sp)both excellent. We liked it better than Big Fish (our opinion only)