Member Spotlight
jollymonsrv
jollymonsrv
So. Shore MA.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
beach_dhays, Cobalt, HikeNYCParks, KVR, Twanger
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (Fletch, Ragtime, Bernd, Swifty, kaba, MKGrey, MikeBiondo, onlymedication, bostonbob, jrw, bailau, jbutah, WWII, SeeDiver, BSer, Kevin_B, MNsnowbird, ColoBoater, CaribbeanCanadians, toast, MichaelBiondo, CJIMI, taraavo, mscottc, Beansbbq, 8 invisible), 655 guests, and 76 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
From Graeme Maccallum, his efforts at relief #144319
09/22/2017 01:23 PM
09/22/2017 01:23 PM
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
hallucination Offline OP
Traveler
hallucination  Offline OP
Traveler
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
Good Morning to family and friends and all who love the BVI

I have thought long and hard about ways to try and assist people in the BVI after the catastrophe of Irma and Maria. We have a week now to breath before anything else hits us and sleeves are already getting rolled up

Aid so easily gets offered and then disappears into the large government pot and I have always been very skeptical of funding efforts and whether the aid truly gets to the people.

I have spent the last week thinking and working on an initiative that will hopefully assist people more immediately and directly, and I believe what is outlined in the attached is achievable.

Our initiative can be evaluated at :

https://www.youcaring.com/graememacculla...ringcom%3Ashare

Speaking with the BVIEC it may take as long as 7 months to a year before power is fully restored to all places.

I have taken some time to setup oversight with a tax accountant in the US and they will be handling all the funds. I have made contact with Honda generators and we have identified and already have on the way the first 25 generators, my associate in the BVI Mike Hallett is looking into the desalination plant (he was going to set one up for his house) and power suitability and I already have a local gentleman (who works for the BVIEC) who lives in Cane Garden and will install.

My local team in the BVI is already identifying restaurants, bars and business outlets that need power and the response has been overwhelming. I am heartened by the look when such aid is explained, as people see the possibility that their shattered dreams could be rebuilt.

As we progress with the distribution of these generators and businesses start ticking again we will track the distribution and one day, hopefully when you all return and sit at your favorite beach bar you might maybe even hear the generator that “you” helped purchase chugging in the back ground, helping chill that frosty drink in your hand.

Please if you know of people who love and care for the BVI and want to assist please forward this email to them

Many kind regards

Graeme Maccallum

BVI Sponsors
Re: From Graeme Maccallum, his efforts at relief [Re: hallucination] #144320
09/23/2017 09:04 AM
09/23/2017 09:04 AM
Toronto, Ontario
gordaguy2 Offline
Traveler
gordaguy2  Offline
Traveler
Traveler
Toronto, Ontario
Great solution - without power in the BVI commerce is difficult

GordaGuy2
Re: From Graeme Maccallum, his efforts at relief [Re: gordaguy2] #144321
09/23/2017 03:45 PM
09/23/2017 03:45 PM
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
hallucination Offline OP
Traveler
Traveler
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
Already exceeded his goal. moved the needle to 50k, at 38k now. Way to go!

Re: From Graeme Maccallum, his efforts at relief [Re: hallucination] #144322
09/24/2017 08:26 PM
09/24/2017 08:26 PM
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
hallucination Offline OP
Traveler
Traveler
annap, MD/BVI-Nanny Cay
okay...a 25k donation? WOW