This will be a different SXM trip report than I usually do (did I just hear a collective cheer from the crowd?![Linked Image]) because I was there the same week as Carol and Eric, and Carol covered many of the highlights of the week. Besides, I just did a trip report on Italy, which I have posted over on TTOL's Worldwide Travel board (shamless plug, but that board needs our help, folks!).<br><br>I'll just concentrate on a few observations and visits to places I haven't visited in past trips, rather than give observations on the same old stuff.<br><br>Airlines:<br><br>American Airlines direct out of JFK as usual. No problems at all on the way down, except for the landing. It took him two approaches to the runway before he got it right. The first approach was almost perpendicular to the runway as we buzzed Caravanserai, the Royal Islander, Mullet and Cupecoy in the wrong direction.[Linked Image] Made another attempt but didn't swing wide enough and had to try again and got it on the third try. A little unnerving, to say the least. The flight home was a total nightmare of delays, but nothing people on this BB haven't already experienced themselves, so I won't elaborate. Just the same old ****.......<br><br>Rental Car:<br><br>Used Marius of St. Louis Car Rental, one of the advertisers on this board. Cannot recommend Marius enough!! Greets you at the airport, car was in the parking lot, sign the paperwork and you're on your way. I'll continue to use Marius' services in the future and would recommend others to do so. Thanks, Marius![Linked Image]<br><br>I used another advertiser on this Board for digs for the week, Cheapcaribbean.com. I'll definitely use them again. I made the request online on their site and within minutes Jim called me to discuss the needs for the week and just to touch base. You're asked to give them your first five choices of places to stay and they do their darndest to get you where you want to stay. I will definitely use them again.[Linked Image]<br><br>Ended up staying at the Belair Beach Hotel on Little Bay. I love that place! All 2-bedroom suites with balconies facing the lovely beach on Little Bay. Not the newest place on the island, but well staffed and kept up nicely. What I like about it is the little known secret of the great swimming beach on Little Bay, and also that it's not in the middle of all the action, but certainly close enough if you want to go out. I think it was the third stay there over the years and I had forgotten how much I liked it. It shares Little Bay with the Divi Resort. What a nice place that is, too! I can see why people stay there -- again, far enough from the hustle-bustle, but close enough to partake if you choose.<br><br>Made a quick run up to Ram's on the main road for "supplies" (read, "booze") and as planned, Carol and Eric came over to check out the place and have some pre-dinner cocktails on the balcony overlooking the water. Well, as I had suspected, we hit it off and it was like reuniting with old friends instead of meeting someone face-to-face for the first time. Seemed like we'd know eachother for years. Sat and talked and laughed and drank (and laughed some more). Lost track of time, and Carol had the good sense to suggest since the sun had gone down some time earlier that we may want to start thinking about dinner. Huh? Oh, right -- food! Off to Texas BBQ, up over the hill and not too far away. Good ribs. I especially like the idea of a 12-year-old serving drinks -- very progressive![Linked Image] Headed up the hill and Eric suggested we go back down to Peg Leg for a nightcapper. Sounded good to me!! Did a U-turn and back down we went and sat outside. Very nice and relaxing. Neil wasn't there and learned that he sold the place. Will have to check out the new place next trip when he opens it over by the Atrium -- sounds like it'll be great.[Linked Image]<br><br>Went over the Mary's Boon (not the same night, mind you) to hook up with my new buddy, Dicky. Dicky and I have a friend in common in London so that was a good ice-breaker. You folks have to drop in on Dicky when you're there. Great guy and a new friend. I was quite impressed with Mary's Boon -- Jackie and I had stopped by there a few years ago and I remember being impressed with the place, but I forgot how much I liked it. I would definitely stay there in the future. And no, timeshares were never even mentioned, let alone anything else to do with "business". Just good conversation and lots of laughs. Had a couple of beers there and then we headed out. Went to the Lady C with Frank[Linked Image] in tow and more beers. Met Dicky's friend and UK compatriot, Jason (Dicky -- correct me if that's not the name) who works on the Edge. More fun and laughs. (See a pattern developing?) Then back to Mary's Boon for Dicky to get his car (and for me to leave my sunglasses on the bar[Linked Image]) and off to Hot Tomatoes for some din-din. This used to be the old Sambucca on the lagoon and it's a very nice place. Will definitely go back there. Had some grub at the bar (very good) and then headed over to Ric's to catch the Redskins/Eagles game with Carol and Eric. The folks at Ric's were the perfect hosts and we had a table smack-dab in front of the biggest screen. Too bad the game was so pitiful. Wasn't pitiful for the Philly fans in attendance, though. As Carol mentioned, as we were sitting there laughing and goofing around, we looked around and did one of those, "Hey, where did everyone go?!" (I think the answer is home to bed, stupid.) Last ones in the place -- dontcha hate when that happens?[Linked Image]<br><br>Spent most days at Little Bay on the beach in front of the Belair just out of laziness. Did spend one nice day at Baie Rouge, where the water was very cooperative that day as far as swimming. That beach can be hit or miss with the surf, but lucked out that day.<br><br>Another place I had never been was The Greenhouse where we had our TTOL party. The only reason is that we'd never gone into P'burg at night. That will change. The Greenhouse did a FANTASTIC job hosting the party with drinks and appetizers 1/2 price all night for us. Met a bunch of super folks there, too! Not sure if Bam Bam is still there, as they were staying about 3 weeks which made me jealous. Hung out with Barbara and Dicky for a good portion and then after more belly laughs, Carol, Eric, Dicky and I sort of closed up the place (seemed to happen alot). Dicky and Frank[Linked Image] came over to Belair for more cocktails on the balcony and more laughs. I was a little green around the gills the next morning (thanks for nothing, Dicky![img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]) but quick to recover like the trooper I am.[img]/images/icons2/thinks.gif[/img]<br><br>That's about it -- nothing too different from other trips down to good ol' SXM. Made some new friends and visted some already made over the years. Good stuff!!<br><br>Dicky -- keep us informed about the new beach bar to be opening at Mary's Boon (like I need another beach bar to hang out at!). Did you come up with a name yet? I do like "The Boondocks"..........<br><br>-Kevin