Member Spotlight
BVIslander
BVIslander
Road Town
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (Wingman, Mikel, michaelj, SANFILIP, sxmpete, 3 invisible), 839 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Advice for St. Martin Regulars? #148284
11/07/2017 07:12 PM
11/07/2017 07:12 PM
T
Tropez62 Offline OP
Tropez62  Offline OP
T
My wife and I had gone to St Martin for Spring Break each of the past 19 years; she is a teacher, so we are restricted by her schedule. We always stay on the French Side, and the past few years we have stayed at Club O. We love the serenity and the overall vibe of that area (ie: no jet skis, no blaring music, etc.).

We've recently received information from Club O that they don't know when they will rebuild (but that they will), and United saying all flights to SXM are cancelled until early/mid April. So this year is basically out for us, based on the part of the US we come from. It's already very hard for us to travel there when all is perfect!

My question for the board is this: since we cannot get to SXM, we are going to try Jamaica. Can anyone recommend anything similar to the beach around Club O, the accommodations like Club O, or anything similar to the Grand Case Beach Club (which we have friends that stay there, and we like those units). We are sad that we are forced to skip this year - and wonder if we can come close to what we have grown to love.

Thank you anyone/everyone for your help.

Tropez

Sponsors
Re: Advice for St. Martin Regulars? [Re: Tropez62] #148285
12/23/2017 03:50 PM
12/23/2017 03:50 PM
missouri
Cathyg Offline
Traveler
Cathyg  Offline
Traveler
missouri
I can recommend Couples San souci.

The beach is not nearly as nice as the beach in front of club orient. But there is a lovely pool and a beach with palapas. there is a hot tub and a swim up bar. Lunch is served everyday at the pool.

It is a very nice resort...but it is like comparing apples to oranges.

There is nothing like CLub Orient....but Couples san souci is a lovely resort.

[Linked Image]