Saturday we went to Lighthouse Beach. We had a very nice time and enjoyed ourselves. I noticed many more nudists at Lighthouse than Smith's Point. Just curious. Also, Travasuns has a great website with lots of information. On the website it says that at the first cut is nude, the second cut you must be covered up in a bottom, and the third cut into the beach you can be nude again. From what is on the wbesite, the reason for this is so none of the tourists or school groups are offended. From the lighthouse, you can see the whole stretch of beach, nude and textile. The area to the first opening is very, very crowded, while the textile second opening is very sparse with people, and several naturists have a longer walk to the 3rd opening. Why not just make the 2nd opening nude as well? Visitors at the lighthouse can see the whole beach. The first opening gets very crowded. While there, we respected the rules that were posted on Travasuns. I did notice a few people walk the beach nude past the signs that tell you to cover up.
There are also several textile walkers who pass and comment about those of us who prefer to be naked. It's very rude. Our experience was very pleasant, and we briefly spoke with some lovely people. I just wish we could walk further east without having to cover up.
Out at Smith's Point, it is much quieter and less crowded. You can also walk the beach once in the nude area towards the west without clothing for a longer period. Also, there are much fewer textiles who walk as far as the naturist area. Smith's Point is like the Happy Bay area as opposed to LightHouse which has more of an Orient Beach atmosphere. I wonder why? I'm saying both beaches are great for nude recreation, it's just which one suits your vibe.