We have just returned from N-Resort . We were there 9/3 to 9/10. I’m not a great story teller, so I will tell you what mattered to me and you can feel free to ask any questions you have and I will reply.

We tried N as an option to Club O. We do 2 weeks every year there and were wondering if there were any other options for us to try. We are not big foodies and not pool people. We love the Caribbean and beaches, that’s why we go to the Caribbean.

N was $1700/week all inclusive. That’s about 40% less than we spend a week in SXM. We both flew to Jamaica for what one of us fly to SXM for. ($400/each) For $2500 this was a great value.

We were given an ocean front room even though we paid for an ocean view. I’m guessing because there were only 4 couples there and they are trying to impress.
During the 7 days we were there the occupancy went from as low as 4 couples to a high of 6 couples. For 96 rooms this is less than 10% occupancy.

I thought the rooms were very clean, well maintained and very comfortable. I estimate the pool at 50’ by 120’ with a slide with a swim up bar. There were at least 3 hot tubs and one was always available while they were cleaning the others.

The food exceeded my expectations. This is a Jamaican owned resort with an all Jamaican staff. The staff is incredibly nice and accommodating. They cook what they love to eat. They do have American choices on the menu, but I was happy to try stewed oxtail, curried goat, pepper pot, akee and salt fish, kallay lou(sp), conk, squid, shrimp, delicious jerk chicken and pork. I did not eat anything that was not very high quality and delicious. The chef is Jeffery from Braco Village. The Italian restaurant was open two nights and the main dining room was open the other nights. My wife and I ate a whole school of snapper, grouper and tuna fixed different ways. The breakfast/lunch/dinner menus always contained Jamaican favorites and many of the American favorites.

There are activity directors that try to keep you engaged and entertained. There were snorkel trips, shopping trips, jerk cooking class, mixology class, tie dyeing class, pool volley ball, patois class, beach walks, tennis, night time bio-luminescence boat trip to Martha Brae River, beach barn fire and nightly musical entertainment. I thought they did a great job at of at least trying to keep everyone entertained. With such a small group the participation wasn’t always great.

I thought N’s beach was pretty but the water was disappointing. This is the windy side of the island and the mornings start calm but by evening there are waves crashing the beach. Some Einstein thought installing 3 rock groins would break the waves. It worked except that now sea grass gets trapped between the groins that mother nature would normal wash away with current and wind. The surf fills with rotting grass and is too nasty to swim in. If you’re a pool person…no problem mon.

I really enjoyed being able to walk 3 miles of undeveloped beach nude. This walk takes 2 hours to complete round trip because it’s too beautiful to walk faster. This will probably end one day. There are a few signs along the beach requesting permits from the government for beach bar licenses.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I left out millions of details and memories that were made!