Member Spotlight
GeorgeC1
GeorgeC1
GA/NC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (Matt W, GeorgeC1, SXMScubaman, TC42, NumberCruncher, MrEZgoin, Alecs, cabokid, Standrea, bbeach, Rbailey, Kennys, cbf, steve74, RatmansWife, eightzerobits, BillDauterive, SXMbeacher, marybeth, MikeBiondo, tmsxmsails, BoatGuy, 8 invisible), 780 guests, and 70 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trip Summary 1/10/18-1/27/18 #154000
01/30/2018 12:26 PM
01/30/2018 12:26 PM
P
PEDCO Offline OP
Traveler
PEDCO  Offline OP
Traveler
P
This trip summary is based on two different charters that where back to back and is my actual experiences -
(please excuse my bad grammar)

Airport- STT no issues -smooth

Ferry - Smiths - no issues - took first available - temporary Customs at cruise ship dock

Charter Company's
Dream Yacht Charters - brand new Saona 47- boat was great
Sleep aboard -Boat was ready upon arrival to Hodges Creek on gen-set - was instructed to use bathroom facilities at Cat Co - one unisex bathroom/shower was open but had no power or running water upon arrival - water was restored to the bathroom in the morning when Cat Co employees arrived -
Hodges Creek has only two workable docks and no other amenities at this time due to structure damaged, utilities to an array of boat issues

Captain Compass - 43 Leopard-
Boat was ready upon my arrival but unfortunately my crew was stuck in Atlanta a day prior due to a snow storm and would not be arriving until that evening . Was able to provision the boat thru Brent's taxi connection and when the crew arrived later that day and we had a wonderful meal at Gene's .
Manual Marina - bathrooms( no shower ) , grocery store , boat store, laundry mat and restaurant are all open . About 50 % of the dock was operational with structure and boat issues with the remaining

Virgin Gorda
Baths- wonderful - was able to get a ball and swim in twice -

Leverick Bay -
Beans and Jumbies were great
Open - dock , restaurant, grocery store , spa , laundry , one retail store , - work in progress on remaining retail

Prickly Pear - not open but beach and snorkeling was great

Anegada -
Potters - open and had a great meal by Sam
Big Bamboo- open with very little noticeable damage
Anegada Reef Hotel - open had the typical beach lobster dinner
Beach Club- to open Feb 1
Lobsters trap - open
Neptunes - open - wonderful breakfast x2 from Pam's kitchen - had a great Happy Hour breaking in the new outside bar with Mark , Pam and the boys
Cow Wreck - open - Bell, Ann and Andrew are wonderful- concrete bar still in place with Bell adding some additional areas - :lunch x3 - was great each time with Bells love in each

Norman Island
Pirates open with the smaller open air bar/restaurant with a limited but very good menu , crew loved hanging out on the beach with cocktails being served and three had a beach side massage from a masseuse that use to work a Peter island Resort
Willie-T - still washed up on the shore line

Copper - closed but snorkeling was great and a nice stop for lunch on the boat

Jost Van Dyke -
Foxy's - open crew enjoyed dancing the night away
Soggy Dollar - open - it was great to see Jerry and Tish - pain Killers were flowing
Great Harbor- water , fuel, grocery

Cane garden Bay -
Myetts - open - enjoyed the beach and lunch with only 6 other guest - was great to just dingy in and beach it- avoiding the dock

Sandy Spit - just a nice pile of soft sand on the coral -

Sandy Cay - same as previous years

Overall the trip was great !!
Upon first arrival their was some serious doubts and guilt but once we got settled in, the people and natures beauty shined

Like any sailing trip there were some little hiccups with logistics and resources but I will say this was my most memorable and peaceful trips out of the last 16 visits

pj

BVI Sponsors
Re: Trip Summary 1/10/18-1/27/18 [Re: PEDCO] #154003
01/30/2018 12:45 PM
01/30/2018 12:45 PM
Nova Scotia, Can
Prospector Offline
Traveler
Prospector  Offline
Traveler
Nova Scotia, Can
Thanks for the great information! We are headed there at the end of April and cannot wait! We have 4 newbies with us and I want their first time to be amazing.

Kim