My post for advice on Miami was not very popular, to say the least, but maybe this report will help any one who will be travelling there in the near future. We were there for a few days for work, but I left that bit out. Thanks, Irina, for the recommendations. Here is the mini report because you asked for it.

Flight: AA nonstop. It was uneventful both ways, but due to unresolved matters from a previous trip we may take a hiatus from AA for awhile.

Accommodations: Gansevoort Miami Beach. Very pleased with our stay.

[Linked Image]
View from our room

Our favorite amenity was hands down the roof top pool, with spectular views of South Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Bartender here makes a mean daiquiri. The raspberry daiquiri, with the blueberry flavor not far behind, was very refreshing and my drink of the week. Next most memorable part of our stay was the David Barton Gym; for sure the most chichi gym that I have ever been to. It was over 40,000 sqft with a dj spinning for all the gods and goddesses. Lots of eye candy there.
[Linked Image]
P enjoying the pool.

[Linked Image]
Me enjoying the sunshine.

Food and Drink: I am still shocked that I did not have even one cuban sandwich during the entire trip, considering I overdosed on my last trip. Unfortunately, we didn't even have cuban. What we did have, listed in no particular order:
• Michael's Genuine Food and Drink restaurant- Thank you for the recommendation again, Irina. This fit the bill for farm to table concept. This is the first restaurant we've been to where sparkling water was the standard, served complimentary. I don't remember what P ordered other than oysters to start. I had a small cheese plate and fried chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. I'm sure we got dessert and loved it, but since I'm writing this based on memory, it escapes me. I think it was a homemade sorbet.
• Hakkasan, located in Fontainebleau- Our friend was staying as a guest and suggested we come for dinner and drinks. P and him were both prepared for a phenomenal sushi dinner, until I broke the news that it was not Japanese but a contemporary Chinese restaurant just hours before our reservation. The location in London is Michelin rated, so our standards were set pretty high. It didn't disappoint, but for the price point, I'd rather go elsewhere for fine dining.
• Quinn's- It seemed they were out of about half of their menu items, which is a good sign but makes selection a bit challenging. Two things in particular that stand out are the bam bam shrimp appetizer and the key lime pie. I'm not a big fan of key lime pie, but this was as good as promised if not better. This was our first dinner upon arriving to Miami, so it was nice to sit out in the big porch and take in Ocean Drive.
• The Forge Restaurant and Winebar- Most $$$ meal of the week, due to our love of wine. What an overwhelming selection they have here. Would maybe come back and purchase the enomatic card to try more wines. For starters, P had oysters and I opted for lobster peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Very unique, interesting flavors, but it worked somehow. If I remember correctly, it also had onion marmalade served in a toasted brioche. For our main, we both ordered filet. My filet was on the bone... mouth watering as I type. For the side, we shared the haricot verts. We passed on dessert because we were full from dinner and wine. I was skeptical when we first arrived, due to the catering hall feel, but the food was a big thumbs up. I do have to point out the service though. While the waiter was extremly kind and helpful, for my personal taste it was much too smothering... he went through practically the whole menu with us explaining everything and was on standby every time we put our fork down. But all in all, glad that we went.
• Front Porch Cafe- A big menu with something for everyone. I was feeling in the mood for comfort food and went for the meatloaf sandwich. Massive but delicious.
• A La Folie- Charming french bistro on Esponala Way. The savory and sweet crepes were tempting, but we both chose a baguette sandwich. I got the merguez with harissa. We spent a leisurely lunch here enjoying rose.
• Makoto- Located in the prestigious Bal Harbour Shops, so we paid as expected. I chose it because P was craving sushi and I read on the menu that they offer fresh wasabi. P won't have it any other way. The ramen soup was incredible and I've been craving it ever since.
• La Sandwicherie- Got high marks and I was all for it, but P wanted a sit down lunch. We ended up at A La Folie, but if there is a next time for Miami I've made note to return here.

[Linked Image]

Shopping:
• Bal Harbour- We took the complimentary Bal Harbour shuttle from the Ritz stop and arrived about 30mins later to luxury shopping conveniently all in one place. We both treated ourselves to some retail therapy. Some of it we shipped back to New York, since it didn't fit the plan of biking back to the hotel. The baskets on the deco bikes are not that big.
• Gray and Sons Jeweler- Located across the way from Bal Harbour shops. I read about it when flipping through the books and magazines about Miami. Needless to say, what a disappointment. It was, how do I say it... dumpy. And the gentleman working the counter didn't seem at all knowledged about watches. Oh well.
• Lincoln Road Mall- Walked through after our lunch on Espanola Way. Stopped at D'Vine Bar for a drink for an ok cocktail, well two actually. It was happy hour.

Random observations:
• Gratuity was added to the final bill at the restaurants that we went to in Miami Beach, and random percentages also.
• Miami Beach is not as bike friendly as I anticipated. We rented Deco bikes at the location closest to Bal Harbour (86th and Collins Avenue?) and planned on a easy, breezy ride back to the Gansevoort... We discovered no bikes allowed on the boardwalk, so that shot down our original plan. We also discovered there were small spurts of bike paths parallel to the boardwalk that would come to an abrupt end, so we'd go back over to Collins Avenue where there is construction almost the whole route down, no bike lane, the sidewalk narrow with pedestrians, active driveways along the whole way, and street signs planted in the middle of the sidewalk. It made for a long, unpleasant ride back to the hotel. Not so sure I'd do it again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

• Beautiful people all around. Last time I was in Miami, I was in my early 20s and in prime shape. I don't recall then so many beautiful people, but a decade has passed by and maybe it's a complex I've developed or there really are more model types in Miami Beach but all I can say is WOW. Needless to say, I have been working out religiously ever since my return.

That about sums it up for our trip. Probably won't be returning to Miami any time in the near future, but if I do a cuban sandwich is high on the list of must dos.