No sun on Sunday. Stayed cloudy and threatening all day. So off I hobbled to phillipsburg. We immediately headed for gulmohars. I treat scotch the way others treat jewelry. Gulmohar is the best choice of scotch on the island and everyone there are so nice. We bought two bottles for use on the island and the wife some towels and a coverup. They directed me to an open pharmacy for tape and antiinflammatory meds for the toe. A visit to endless summer for a bathing suit was productive after a one hour try on everything in the store session. We felt hugary and endless recommended taloulo(sp?) mangos for a most disappointing lunch. We became invisible. They sat us. 15 minutes later we went and got the menus. 15 minutes later we went to find someone to take our order. Asked for tap water was told bottle only and charged $2.50 each. The meal finally arrived. I had the appetizer baby backs. They were plentiful but overcooked and dry. The wife had a mozzarella salad which was fine. We couldn't find the waiter again and after another long wait went up front and paid the bill total was $36 with a very small tip. We then went to strings and things a lovely shop on front street. They also have beautiful bathing suits and the wife bought a second. We headed back after that purchase. Traffic was no problem going but coming back was a problem. Took about an hour. For a Sunday this was not encouraging Wanted to try white flag for dinner but was closed so with two other couples went to harbor queen for dinner. First time there but the others had been before. The recommendation was all u can eat ribs
but that was lunch so I went With the coconut shrimp and the wife had grouper. The grilled grouper was very tasty. The shrimp was a bit too breaded for my tastes but plentiful. The ribs were tasty and would be my choice if I returned. we then ordered decafe coffee and were informed they don,t serve decafe. A homemade pumpkin pie for the table was ordered which was inedible. We informed the waitress but it remained on the bill. Total with tip for the two of us and pumpkin pie was $56. Back to the room to dress the bandages and drink balvenie. This morning there is sun. We will stay close by for a chance to allow healing but if I can I will talk the boss into Karakters. Looking forward to enjoying the sun