The past two days have been like old times. What a pleasure to see the sun again Yesterday we headed off to Mullet for the day. Everyone had been commenting on how mild the water was so it seemed like the place to go for Mr Klutz. We arrived to a packed beach but had no trouble locating an unused umbrella and immediately let sand gravity take effect. Unfortunately the waves were higher than I had ever seen so I passed on water sports for my toes and ribs sake but relaxed and enjoyed life's pleasures. Being Mullet this of course meant ribs at Rosie's. I love mark's ribs but Rosie has everyone beat. I could eat them all day. In fact, I think I did. Rained hard for a hour about 3 but warm and straight so just kept ready my trash novel and the wife went swimming. Headed back to the room at 4 when they took back my chair (my only complaint about mullet) with no traffic problems. Joined the gang at poolside for sunset and hors d'oerves and a hope of the green flash but it was not meant to be. Off to Bajitzu for dinner with friends. It was empty upon arrival at 7:30 but was full by 8. I had the conch soup which was excellent and the wife had the Mahi Mahi ceviche which she enjoyed she the had the bonsai chicken and I had red snapper. Both were good but I really miss the seafood lasagna which was one of my favorite meals of all time. We split the bill which included a bottle of wine and several bottled waters with everyone so it was tough to gauge price. Our bill was $90.
This morning was started at Sanciere. Wonderful almond croissants and coffee then off to Friars. It was great to see Terry (Bob Barker) who immediately set us up in front of Kali's It's a bit cheaper at friar's bay but I have a long standing allegiance to Kali and Jaba and now Terry have always taken care of us. Speaking of Jaba, he was there doing some work for Kali. It was great to see him. He has at least four kids ( never could get a straight answer from him) and looked happy if not a bit different with no dreds. We had lunch at Kali's. Salad Nicole's and grilled chicken breast with lime and honey salad and two ice teas. With an appropriate tip it was $50($1-$1.35) both salads were fantastic but we bring our own the rest of the time. The water was mild and I finally got into the ocean. Felt great. Back home to have another group green flash watch and lo and behold we struck it green. Off to pineapple Pete for Art and Nanc anniversary. 3 couples. I know there has been a lot said about Pete recently and was a little skittish about going but had a great evening of friends and food. The waters were on top of things and very polite. I started with coquille st. Jacque which was very tasty scallops cooked perfectly. The wife had the Mahi Mahi ceviche again and liked it better tha Bajitzu We both had blackened grouper which we both enjoyed. Nice tangy taste. Add a margarita and a glass of wine. Service included and the bill was $80. After dinner the waiter brought over champagne for all with a sparkler. Excellent.
One last thing before I sign off for the night. At friars the coconut ice cream lady was there making her ice cream. It was super good and and extra special treat. I have not seen her for some time. What a great day