Yesterday was a beautiful typical Sxm day. The reason why we all come back year after year
An early almond croissant and coffee on the porch. Then off to karakter for the day. Seven couples invaded the small plot of land,staked our claim and our drinks and went into the water for about half the day. Wife and I had lunch @2. Sat down to lunch @ 12:45 but apparently island time had reached the waitstaff as well. I had the quiche special and she had the chicken in peanut sauce. Hers was delicious,mine was average. Cost was $25. The beach is beautiful and is fast becoming my favorite as friars becomes so expensive. Hopefully after today traffic will be better and friars easier to get to

Back to home @4 for hors d'oerves, scotch,sunset music and friends.

Dinner in Margot. Had to take the long way because of the backup. No problem driving had dinner ar bistro nu. This restaurant is the best kept secret on the island. I hesitate to write about it because I like it that way. It's the only place we will plan to eat twice during our stay. The atmosphere is French provincial, only 10 tables. The food is the best. Appetizers were avocado salad with balsamin vignigret ant the best escargot on the island. Soaked up the garlic butter until the plate was dry. Then beef bourgonyne and a lamb shank stew in beans that fell off the bone. For dessert tarte tartan with homemade coconut ice cream that shamed the ice cream lady. A bottle of water and two glasses of Bordeaux rounded out the evening. Bill was $108 (1-1.3)

Today is all protein day to make up for the past couple days. Brief shower this morning but looks like a great day

For everyone who asks (and I tha nk you for checking) I am doing a slow heal. Nothing I can do with the toe and the ribs are sore but less so everyday