Friday and Saturday were quiet days around the pool, saying goodbye to old and some new friends and greeting others
Food on Friday was a little different. She who must be obeyed and I are on the dukan diet. While wildly ignored for this vacation we felt the all protein day was necessary and had designated Friday. For lunch at the hideaway I had the chicken breast,hold the bread,tomatoes,fries,lettuce etc. I felt like jack Nicholson. Wife had two hamburgers sans everything. Hideaway crew got a kick out of the process but next week we hit the garden market.
For dinner we planned for peg legs. Got in the car and could not see in front of us two feet it was raining so hard. Got to the bottom of the hill and saw a spot in front of Patagonia. Pulled in and announced a splurge meal
Patagonia was terrific for a high end dinner. Even with protein only we had an excellent meal. We started by sharing the wahoo and salmon carpaccio more than enough for the two of us. I had the tenderloin and wife had the rib eye. Both simply grilled with everything on the side. The. Wait staff was superb as was the cook. He checked with us to make sure we had no allergies so he didn't accidentally put the meat in a nut pan and the meat was super. Bill came to $100 with two glasses of wine
Saturday we went to Claude's mini club. This is a must for us. It's so much fun I stuff myself on lobster and meats, drink their bad wine,listen to Move the line" on the guitar and sit in a tree house overlooking marigot. What can be bad. Btw their onion and conch soup is excellent as is the fish and the desserts. The cost is $66 a person it includes everything, not another dime is spent and since by my calculations I alone ate about 7 lbs of lobster I don't feel like its too expensive. ( the 3lb, lobster Thermidor at pineapple Pete's was over $50).
Traffic was back to normal for the trip up and back. That's a good sign
Toes and ribs still sore but I may be placing my stomach in true jeopardy
Today looks beautiful but probably just another relaxing day at the pool. Life is good