As luck would have it, together with the Zuiderdam Inaugural preview cruise invitation on 12/5, I had an invitation to sail on the new Navigator on 12/10. (Both for one airfare, what a bonus, in addition to the honor of the invitation.)<br><br>Having previously attended the Inaugural preview sailing on the Voyager back in November of 1999, and having sailed on the Explorer, this ship was 'familiar' territory, in layout, for me. It does, however, constantly reinforced how wonderful these ships are. How diverse the activities are and consequently an appeal to almost any age group. How could anyone not immediately get into the cruise 'mood' with the huge mardi gras type parade held on the Promenade the first evening. What a way to 'kick off' a week of good times.<br><br>Principally subtle changes from the Voyager/Explorer and, if possible, more beautiful. Primary differences I saw. They have eliminated the "acquarium' bar and replaced it with another bar. Too bad as the tropical acquarium on both the Voyager/Explorer are beautiful, however are also very, very costly to maintain. On the Promenade, the English Pub style bar is just designed slightly differently. Big change is across the Promenade, what is the sports bar on earlier 'voyager' class is a wine bar on the Navigator and wonderful.<br><br>Up in the Windjammer. Now, in addition to Portofino specialty Italian restaurant, they have added Chops, a specialty Steak House. Access into these specialty restaurants is a little different. As you enter the Windjammer, rather than one buffet station right at the entry, they have slightly redesigned and made it the Pizza cafe with small tables and chairs. They have also added a Japanese specialty station on the buffet with all the sushi you can eat in addition to other Japanese delights.<br><br>On this inaugural, I was assigned an 'attrium' view cabin. While I truly missed my balcony, as a guest, I could hardly complain. It did give me a wonderful opportunity to see what, if any, noise filtered up into the cabin from this category cabin, especially on the two mardi gras parade nights. To some degree, it was fun watching the activity below. The window in that category is designed as a 'window seat' with the window being about 4x4.<br><br>Adventure Ocean area is still huge and probably the video arcade attracts as many, if not more, adults than children. There is a new 'get together' area for teens in addition to their own disco.<br><br>All in all, RCI has a winner in the 'voyager' class!<br><br>

Best Regards,
Bonnie Buchanan,
Master Cruise Counselor
CruiseOne Tucson Arizona
www.cruiseone.com/bbuchanan