Because 12 inches of snow was expected in New England. We started our trip a day early by booking a room a the Hyatt at Boston’s Logan Airport. While NH got over 12 inches it was mostly rain in Boston. Our plane was delayed an hour and a half because a warning light had to be fixed. Our flight was uneventful except that we had to circle the Island for over a half hour because of air traffic. Would have been great if the island had not been clouded over. We traveled Icelander Air. A terrific carrier.<br><br> Three planes were unloading at the same time so the baggage area was a real horror.<br>Once we got the bags things started to improve. We met Alain from Triple A car rental and we were on the road quickly in a white Toyota. <br><br> We headed to Cap Caribe on Orient. We made a stop a Rams. Linda stayed with the car while I did the shopping. Got everything but the milk! It rained buckets on the way to the hotel. Many of the streets were flooding. Someone on the board had said rain was predicted for the whole week. Many had replied that that wood be a rare case. They were right Saturday was the only rainy day of the week.<br><br> We usually go to Cheri’s the first night but with the weather so bad we decided to go to Grand Case. We picked The Cottage for dinner it was great I had beef tenderloin and Linda had red snapper. We went for the Caramel soufflé for dessert. Great meal.<br> <br> Sunday morning we went to Church in Grand Case. Mass is in both French and English. Then to the beach. Guest at Cap Caribe are given chairs and umbrellas at Wai ki ki Beach. We spent most days there. While not crowded the beach was busier this year than last. Lunchtime, each day, found us down at Bay watch , Cheryl and Andy are great host. The food is priced reasonable and is good. Every morning I walked to the Orientique for croissants and stopped by and got a thermos of coffee from Andy at Bay watch he never would take any money. We ate breakfast each morning on the balcony at Cap Caribe.<br><br>Restaurants<br><br> Cheri’s. Decent meal and we enjoy the show. They knock themselves out to entertain you. <br><br>Mary Boon’s Usually they have an honor bar but when we got there Dicky was bartending, It’s easy to see why Dicky has so many friends on this board he is a great host real personable. This was our third time at Mary Boon’s its been great every time. We met Leo and Lill there. Leo picked up on Boon’s from TTOL. Leo has a vast knowledge of the Island. He kept us entertained all night. Mary Boon’s has a fixed menu. On Mondays you have a choice of Cordon Bleu or Lobster Creole. They serve you family style and they come around with seconds of both meat and vegetables. A great night. <br><br>Chez Martine. It has been my favorite restaurant on the island. I had heard they had changed owner so I was a little concerned. We walk in and we were the only ones there. The manager Serge seemed a little aloof. I had roast chicken and Linda had the veal. Both meals were great. During the meal Serge really warmed up. We ordered a pitcher of wine and when that ran out he kept pouring wine. He really turned on the charm. Chez Martine is still our favorite. When we finished our meal we found our car was blocked in. <br><br> Pasta Pizza the trip over to Maho was long they had raise the new extension on the drawbridge and had some problems. Traffic was bumper to bumper from Mari got to the bridge. Food okay<br><br> Le Tastevin Great meal and dessert pricey though<br><br> Friday L’Auberge Gourmande first time there will go back another fine meal.<br><br>The pull of sand gravity was enormous on this vacation. We did get to Phillipsburg twice to shop and once to Mari got. No real damage though. Found the Ma Dou Dou factory. Got some to take home. <br><br>Departing SXM we were third in line at the check out counter and it took us over an hour to get processed. Things were really confused. Returning the rental car was a breeze.<br>It was a great plane ride back. Icelander Air does a great job. <br> Delray

And now that my life is so prearranged
I know that it's time for a cool change