Ken and I returned from our first trip to the island late Saturday evening(12/28). My delay in posting has been due to the fact that I managed to contract some sort of "stomach flu" en route home........that seems to have been the only glitch to our two week vacation.<br>Once I am in a frame of mind to organize my thoughts a little better, and also shed the mittens (they are a little tough to type in....) I will submit a trip report detailing our 14 days on island. But to summarize it overall - close to absolute perfection.<br>I owe much thanks to this board......I stumbled on this site well over 1 year ago which piqued my interest in visiting SXM....after reading thread after thread, post after post, the decision was made to venture to a new island and low and behold, December 14th, 2002 we set foot on SXM, staying at the Divi Little Bay. Our accomodations were great - we were afforded a view of the Bay and the cruise ships which lingers in my mind as I sit and look out our window at the snow. Two days later we gathered at Mary's Boon for a TTOL party hosted by Dicky to meet other members of the board.....and to begin friendships which we now hold so dear. We spent two wonderful nights in Marigot with Bette (bettenan) and Al over scrumptious french meals- taking in the nights, the stars and the company; a lazy warm sunny afternoon on Dawn Beach with JD (RuralCarrier); and many hours with Richard (Dicky) and sidekick Frank at various watering holes on both the Dutch and French quarters......all memories that we will cherish for quite some time.<br>The information I received from this Board was accurate to say the least - and far more valuable than anything I could have watched on a Travel Channel or read in a Frommers or Fodors. Yes that is all important, but as I stated above, the friendships made were definately the "icing on the cake".<br>And so, the New Year has Begun.......we can now begin a countdown to our next trip (#2) to SXM come December "03.<br>Our Best to you all.....<br>Gretchen & Ken

Gretchen...

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill