|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,010
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,734
Joined: March 2008
|
|
|
14 members (Islandercpl, S/Y Mockingbird, Scostello, DaveinFL, calle313, KDE12603, SXMScubaman, nevar37, tangerine3, eyknoll, StMartinFan, SharonfromSXM, mahokid, 1 invisible),
402
guests, and
132
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61 |
I applied for a fishing license last week for our upcoming trip in late June. The process was quite simple, but I had to hunt around a little for the links... Fill out the Fishing License Application form. I knew our boat name, but not the registration #. For that blank I just inserted "In Process". Fill out the Credit Card Authorization form. The fee is $45.00 per person. Email both forms, and a color copy of your drivers license or passport to: cfd@gov.vg I received my fishing license via email the SAME DAY I applied!! Info about fish and the seasons is at BVI Fishing Information.Tom
Tom C.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30 |
I was under impression that your boat has to be registered as a fishing vessel and everybody on board has to have their licences as well. I recall it was relatively new rule: a year or so old
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,214
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,214 |
The boat does need to be registered, you will need to get that number from your charter company. Not everyone on board needs a license. I recent charter we had 8 people aboard, 3 had licences.
Colleen
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 94
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 94 |
I think logical one pole one license five poles five licenses.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61 |
The boat does need to be registered, you will need to get that number from your charter company. Not everyone on board needs a license. I recent charter we had 8 people aboard, 3 had licences. The boat does indeed need to be registered for fishing, and if you have the number that's great. In my case, my charter company (MarineMax) just told me to put "In Process" on the form. Whether they actually had started the process or not I don't know, but my application was accepted. The hyperlinks for both forms are in my original post above... Tom
Last edited by TreetopFlyer; 06/01/2018 06:43 PM.
Tom C.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|