There has been a lot of talk about which Palm Springs CO resort is better. The simple answer is both are the best. My wife and I returned from a great trip in March that was very relaxing and almost stress free.

We took a 7:30 am flight from EWR to LAX on United. When I booked it, it was through Continental and we had a little over an hour layover at LAX before taking a small plane to PSP. After the merge the layover would have been slightly less that an hour so they rebooked us on a flight to PSP that made it an almost 4 hour layover. I tried to get us on the earlier flight as we arrived from EWR about 20 minutes early and was told it could not be done because our luggage would never make it on the flight with us. I should have insisted on taking the earlier flight regardless of the luggage. Our toothbrushes were in the carry on anyway. As it worked out when we arrived in beautiful Palm Springs Airport our luggage was waiting in a back room for us. Yes it was on the flight we wanted to be on. A quick cab ride to Terra Cotta Inn and everything was great.

Patty gave us a quick tour and took care of our check in. We had room 21 which has a nice private yard and a soaking tub. Patty informed us that the tub was in the process of draining and needed to be cleaned out because the prior guests left the top off and if got filled with pollen and leaves. We met Tom and he apologized for the condition of the tub and reassured us he would take care of it. Tom and Mary Clare put out a nice selection of snacks and served wine at 4:00pm each day. We ordered in from a local restaurant and Tom delivered it to our room. We stayed for 2 nights and things couldn’t have gone better. Tom, Mary Clare, Jude and the entire staff couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. We met some nice people and enjoyed our visit there. When we checked out Tom discounted the room rate because the soaking tub was not usable when we checked in. He gave us the lower rate for both nights even though we were only withuot it's use one night. We took a cab when we wanted to go downtown for the street fair. We picked up a rental car to go to the NASCAR race at Fontana.

After the race we drove back to Palm Springs and stayed at Desert Sun Resort for 5 nights. We were unexpectedly upgraded to a villa. The staff there was also very helpful. We also met some nice folks there.

They are both very nice places but because of the size are very different. Terra Cotta is more intimate, since it only has 17 or so rooms, the staff and owners can provide more personalized attention. Desert Sun Resort is huge in comparison. They both have very well kept grounds and beautiful pools, flowers and lighting at night. I really can’t recommend one over the other. They were both fantastic. If you go to Palm Springs try both.

Thanks to everyone who helped me by leaving answers to my questions as I was planning our trip.

Spending the days, Soaking up the rays in
Central NJ