OK, so we're just back from the Key west trip and what a time we had!!

we flew into FLL and rented a convertible Mustang for the drive into Key West. Stopped in Key Largo for lunch at a little place called the sundowner. Food was good, service poor. I think the waitress was still affected by an overdose she had fallen victim to in the 80s, but the view and the ambiance more than made up for that.
Then we were off....
down Rt 1, over the 7 mile bridge and to the Guest house http://travelerspalm.com/ I would visit them again in a heart beat!! Well maintained and very quiet, just 3 blocks off Duval.
We rented bikes (right at Travelers Palm) and managed really well to get around every where on them.
We spent one whole day up and down Duval, stopping in places like Sloppy Joes, Captain Tonys, Mangos, Marg'ville, and checking out all the shops and people in between.
Blue Heaven for breakfast one morning and Harpoon Harrys the next (harpoons was better).
Sunset at Mallory square was really nice, but really crowded. The shows were fun there.
We hung out in the marina for a while, talked to a charter cat captain that does a boat and breakfast where we would consider staying next time and talked to a guy who retired from an IT career to captain a boat. He is hanging in Key West for the next few weeks waiting for the owners to decide where they are going next (tough life huh).
Louies backyard was prolly our fav. bar. Sat at the afterdeck and had lunch and drinks at the bar.
Lets see,,, the Hemingway house, Mel Fishers (which we enjoyed more when we talked to the investor in the gift shop), and on and on....
Then another Mustang on the way home to FLL. Another stop in Key Largo for lunch, this time at Fajeros (I think), right next door to sundowners (we liked being on the water). This time the service was good and the food too.
So, to sum it all up, we met a lot of fun and interesting people and had a wonderful few days. We will definitely return...
Again...I can't say enough about the guest house, Travelers Palm' and rent bicycles to get around...

M&M