Had a great trip, here are the highlights:

AA from SEA-STT no issues. Speedy's to Virgin Gorda, fabulous, on time, easy C/I, Speedy waiting for us with our car. Off to Guavaberry. We traveled with our friends Al and David who are a wonderful couple with whom we spend a lot of time at Shaw Island Washington.
Let me count the way's I love Guavaberry
1. Left the door to our house open for us for after hours arrival.
2. Met the next morning by Soca and Pearl as we wandered into the office to say howdy to Tina, Michelle and Val. Being treated like family is what makes us return, time after time. We always stay at Guavaberry after our August charter. Tina suggested that since we were returning so soon that we leave a box of our stuff. It was great not to have to pack floaties, snorkel gear, laundry soap etc.
3. We always go in off season so I was a little freaked by all the people on my beach. All very nice, respectful of your space, but seriously I was the youngest person on the beach.
4. The well stocked commisarry is a delight. I usually put a Snickers bar in the freezer on my way to the beach and retrieve it for the walk back to the
house.
5. The water was a little cooler than the summer. Refreshing..
6. Too many more to list, you get the jist

Met up with Nina and Evan for a late lunch at Rendezvous and ended up inviting them to a dinner party we were planning. It was great to put faces to names and hope to meet up agian with them down the road. Dinner was great and we enjoyed their company very much as did everyone else.

Had great meals at Bath and Turtle, Chez Bamboo, Fat Virgins and more.

We were given the use of a 32' Cary speedboat for the day so we rocketed to Norman to snorkel the caves, and had a nosh at Pirates. Lunch was at Cooper Island. Very nice upgrades and the food was great. Off to Monkey Point for an afternoon snorkel. Very fun day indeed.

Saw Nick at Leverick while I was doing laundry and sitting by the pool. Got to the Jumbies for some dancing.

Super Bowl was at the Bath and Turtle, where we hadmoney in several pools. Did not win but had a great time with friends on our last night in Virgin Gorda

Off to Puerto Rico: took the new Speedy's ferrry to Trellis and cab included ride to the airport. Our friends Dave and Al were staying a day in San Juan then heading home. We were grabbing a car and heading for the other side of the island, meeting up with friends from Seattle. These guys are all surfers and are all turning 60 or 30 this year. Drove to Rincon and enjoyed the Puerto Rican countryside. This group had rented 2 villas about 1/2 block from Sandy Beach. There were 18 of us. The day we arrived the surf was BIG. Next day it settled a little and the guys ventured out. I found to my delight thsat there was beach glass on this beach and thus began my obsession. I collected lots of glass and shells, not sure what I'll do with them but I have a few ideas.

One of the things I was asked to contribute was organizing a snorkeling trip. I consulted with Vivian from Dive BVI and she led me in the right direction. I booked a trip for us in La Parguara, about 1 1/2 hours drive from our villa. It was an afternoon snorkel trip just inside the reef. The visability was so/so but lots of fish if you looked. Back to the dock after the snorkel for homemade empanadas thsat were TO DIE FOR and beer and soft drinks. We then headed back out for the bioluminescent bay. It took about 20 minutes and we entered a very sheltered cove. The water was very calm and we were wondering what the buzz about this thing was. I was first in the water. I swam about 10 feet from the boat. My whole body was covered in sparkles. Moving your arms up and down created a light show. People started jumping in and the whole bay was lit up. There was a weird thing that happened to 2 of us. We were swimming and as we brought our hands slowly up, a gelatinous substance appeared in our hands. It looked like a round door knob. It was completely illuminated. It looked like a flashlight. It was so much fun. I highly recommend this trip.

Favorite restaurants in Rincon are The Englsih Rose, open only for breakfast. We went 3 times!! Wonderful view, fabulous food, friendly staff. The other pick would have to be The Lazy Parrott. Absolutely fabulous food. The Mahi was the best I have ever had. Great service and staff. Both are 10's.

It was my first time to the BVI in high season. The amount of boats and people in general make me think we are better off in August. I like the slower pace and less boat traffic. It was the first time I had been and not been on a boat. I missed the ability to go to the other islands.
It was my first time to see Pueto Rico other than the San Juan Airport. I really liked it and would like to explore more of it.

It was a very fun trip. I am now planning August 2013.

Rita
It is better to be happy than it is to be right

[Linked Image]