The Crew - Bill, Tammy, Rick, Judy, Capt. Jerry & Mate / Gourmet Chef Gerda<br><br>The Set Up - After hearing about Rick & Cousin Judy's 2002 trip on S/V Sojourn, a 50’ Morgan Sloop, Bill decides that a repeat charter would be a great, if not self serving, Christmas gift for his wife Tammy. Being a good cousin he invites Rick and Judy to join in Tammy’s gift.<br><br>The Details - Ten days in the beautiful BVI’s aboard S/V Sojourn being spoiled beyond belief.<br><br>Jan 19th - Bill and Tammy living on Beaver Island ( an Island only accessible by air when Old Man Winter comes to Michigan ) arrive to pick up Rick and Judy in central Michigan for the 3 hour ride to Detroit where the plan is to get a good nights rest before our 7:00 AM flight out the next morning. So much for that plan when we meet up with their friend Turner for cocktails and dinner. We got a little carried away and got to bed about Midnight. Boy, 4:00 am came fast.<br><br>Jan 20th - (6 Degrees) - All flights go as scheduled although about half full and by 3:00 pm (82 Degees) we are looking for our first Carib at Trellis Bay. Grabbed a van to the West End and started some full fledged limin at the Jolly Roger. Our charter does not start till the next day and with the advice of JeffC we made arrangements to stay the night at the JR. <br>REVIEW: Although there is not much in the way of a view from the rooms, the Jolly Roger was just what we were looking for. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and being at the end of the road - NO TRAFFIC. Lou is a great host, and the service in the Bar & Restaurant is wonderful. Try their Pizza w/ pineapple - YUM. Next year we’re planning 3 nights there.<br><br>Jan 21st - The girls want to do the shopping thing, so we took a walk over to the other side of Sopers. Not being professional shoppers the guys just wandered the docks and somehow ended up with a Carib just in time to hear CNN say that the Stock Market opens in 25 seconds. Now we know we are officially on Island Time. Walked back over to the JR and saw the familiar blue sail cover of the Sojourn our home for the next 10 Days. Capt. Jerry meets us with the dink and off we go - Merry Christmas Tammy! After lunch (wow) and Bill and Tammy’s orientation we decide Waterlemon Cay would be a great spot for Tammy to come to terms with her mask and snorkel so we set sail for St John. Starfish galore, turtles, urchins and fish. Great scenery, Great music, Great food(Gerda ya dun it again).<br><br>Jan 22nd - Sailed off to Norman and took Bill & Tammy to the caves, a little crowded but they had fun anyway. Tammy’s really getting into this snorkeling stuff. Judy and I told them they had an experience coming and with that it’s off to the Bight. Anchored about 300 ft from the Willy T and the party was already in progress. After dinner we dinked over to Pirates, small but lively crowd, then back to the Willy T for the usual festivities. Swore an oath not to reveal more.<br><br>Jan 23rd - After breakfast, did I mention Gerda’s cooking?, motored out to the Indians. Today is our first dive of the trip. Bill has dove Lake Michigan numerous times and is totally in awe of the sights and the fact that there is no thermalcline. Off to Judy’s favorite spot on Earth, Great Harbor on Peter Island. Tucked into the N.E. corner the water is protected and calm. The depth is less than 30 feet and she enjoys snorkeling in this very relaxed atmosphere. We can’t neglect our annual visit to see Conrad. He is the official greeter in Great Harbor and we take him our admittance fee, two cans of beer. Not sure if his sister likes the idea. After catching up on the local gossip we stretch our legs and take the high road past Deadmans Bay. Great View.<br><br>Jan 24th - Short sail today. Dove the Rhone, Bill’s sure he’s in Heaven. On to Salt Island for a little history lesson and some, you guessed it, salt. Picked up a ball on Cooper and went on shore for some shaken blender drinks, they don’t run the generator till 6:00.<br><br>Jan 25th - Can’t take newbees to the BVI’s without a trip to the Baths. A great sail but we notice the North Swell is really hummin today and decide to take a dock for the night at V.G.Y.H. and go first thing in the morning. This afternoon we will spend just poking around. While onshore we met up with some folks from Michigan and it turns out one of the Ladys works for one of my golf partners in a local charity event, small world. Later that night somehow Capt Jerry, Bill and I end up at a local’s party thats really rocking.<br><br>Jan 26th - Good choice. Grabbed a taxi at 8:00 AM to the Baths and were pleasantly surprised to be the first footprints in the sand. When we were there last year they had erected a booth for collecting fees at the top of the trail, the booth is done but nobody is manning it, must be an Island thing. After doing the tour we continued to Devil’s Bay where the surf almost covers the beach. Back to Harbour to fill tanks and shower and on to the North Sound to scope out a Super Bowl viewing area. We ended up at the Bitter End with 10 TV’s and our feet in the sand, wonder what they’re doing back home?<br><br>Jan 27th - O’boy off to Anegada. Steady 20 knots out off E.N.E and occasional squalls with 24 knots, saw 9.2 knots, we’re cookin today. Steering 17 degrees to account for drift takes us right to Walkers starting point for the channel entrance. Called in dinner reservations to Anegada Reef Hotel and anchored for the night. A bareboat following us in found the same hump on the West side of the anchorage that we watched a sloop get hung up on last year. Capt. Jerry takes the dink over and helps them off and directs them to a safe spot. They return a few minutes later with a bottle of very good wine for the help. Well, you can’t go to Anegada without a trip to Loblolly Bay so off we went snorkels in hand. On return we spent a while talking with Lowell’s son Lawrence, there is a definite void without Lowell and Sue but he is doing a fine job running the operation. Dinner was fantastic and the service was as good or better.<br><br>Jan 28th - Happy Hour. Let me give a little history on a guy named Michael. On this little Island where Bill and Judy were born, Beaver Island, there was a youngster that spent summers carrying a guitar everywhere he went and played at campfires on the beach and parties. Next time you’re at Marina Cay and you hear the conch from the top of the hill listen to the call-Three longs and Two shorts and ask Michael Bean where that comes from. Boy, was he wound up tonight.<br><br>Jan. 29th - Breakfast with Beans. Someone in the troops rats on me that it is the 12th anniversary of my 39th birthday and I awoke as usual to watch the sunrise only to see a Happy Birthday banner below the bimini. Thanks guys, we can skip these from now on. Capt. Jerry and Gerda had invited Beans to breakfast and being the smart individual he is, he knows better than turning down anything from Gerda's galley. The morning was spent rehashing old times and straightening out who is related to who. Beans departs with a big ARRRR and we set sail to Jost. A trip to Jost is not complete without a stop at Sandy Spit for snorkeling and a walk around the island. Anchored in Great Harbor and took the dink to White Bay. Hit all the bars using the Soggy Dollar as home base and hiked, rather climbed our way to Ivans. With the sun setting we returned to the Sojourn, dropped the rest of the gang and Capt. Jerry and I went to Foxy’s for ice. On our return we were serenaded by a chorus of Happy Birthday from neighboring boats. Apparently Bill was making new friends. Gerda pulled out all the stops for dinner tonight, Beef Wellington and a Chocolate Rum Cake w/Carmel Sauce and decorations I would challenge any bakery to match. On to Foxy’s for the evening.<br><br>Jan 30th - Went back to Foxy’s so the girl’s could pick-up souvenirs while Capt. Jerry, Bill & I sat down and had a very enjoyable conversation with Foxy. He showed off the new brewery and took us out back to the concert area and told us about moving the stage to the north so that the equipment trucks would not be running thru the area. We all sat in on one of his morning performances, had a lot of fun. Returned to Sojourn, hoisted anchor and proceeded to the Sand Mine. The North Swell was still running strong but this anchorage was well protected by the reef running between Jost and Little Jost. Took a hike to the Bubbling Pools and had a ball. The swells were just at a point where it might have been dangerous in the pools if any stronger. They were just about even with the highest point in the inlet. Returned and checked out Foxy’s daughters new Marina - Getting close to being complete which will change this area forever.<br><br>Jan 31st - Quiet morning - few are talking. This is it. Last year 7 days were not enough, now 10 days aren’t even close. To top things off we have two new cases of D.I.F. ( Dreaded Island Fever) on our hands. Tradition on the Sojourn has the last breakfast onboard being Eggs Benadict, I wonder if I don’t eat them, does that mean I don’t have to leave.<br><br>I don’t know how these kids do it. Judy and I are in business in a resort area and to be so on top of everything and consistent year to year is a real achievement. Twenty-four seven, this couple is nothing but top notch. Whenever I recommend a restaurant or anything else to someone, I hold my breath and hope it’s the same as I experienced. Don’t have to worry here. If anyone has any questions, ask here or send me a PM.<br><br>Rick