Completely different approach this time. As I was travelling alone I decided to take advantage of a last minute offer with Sunwing out of Toronto. The offer was for a week all inclusive at Sonesta Maho. Three out of the last four times we have flown out of Buffalo to JFK and on to SXM with Jet Blue but have found recently that going with a package out of Toronto was much more cost effective.

Arrived on Sunday to a nice garden view room and surprise, surprise a wonderful dinner! Most of the meals were very good! The staff at Sonesta Maho was very refreshing, great attitude, and always willing and pleased to help and equipped with a smile and a "Hi there" all the time!
Monday I made my pilgrimage to Phillipsburg to visit the cigar emporium – took a bus in and then walked back to Sonesta Great Bay for lunch – a very nice place! Tuesday walked over to Mullet and had Rosie’s ribs for lunch – a must!

On Wednesday (or Thursday – holiday brain) I headed over to The Dream to meet Marty who wasn’t there this day but oh well what a beautiful location and view. The next day I headed back and met Marty who was very pleased that I ordered a beer as he didn’t have to give me an extra shot! Also had the blessing to meet Tom & Mary Jane later on this evening I went over to White Flag where I met Nathalie as well as running into Bill and Elaine (thankfully this has happened on the past few trips) . Wow what great tapas! I had the brie cheese tapas and would strongly recommend it to everyone.

Not a lot to report as most days were spent around the pool or beach at Maho.

General: weather was GREAT! A little windy at the end of the week but still nice and warm with a little bit of rain at the beginning. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Sonesta Maho, nice room, good food, and excellent staff. Would I do all inclusive again – depends if I am down by myself most likely, with the boss I doubt it – all of course depending on the costs and whether or not I feel it is a good value. Again as I was on my own and had decided to stay around the hotel I didn’t see Leslie for a car. Enjoyed great music at White Flag and Cheri’s