Arrived today on AA out of Miami. We have used this route now for five years...and today was the first time that i was very impressed with MIA. When we got dropped off at the airport, i saw that AA now had curbside check in. As soon as our bags were out of the car a skycap came over and asked if he could assist us. Told him we were going to SXM, and he now replied no problem...let me help you check in!!! He asked for ID, and within three minutes of arriving, our bags were taken, and he handed us our boarding passes. We were thrilled. Last year it took at least a half hour in line with our luggage to check in...then had to shlep our bags over to screening which was another 20 minute wait...and then had to bring bags back to check in to drop off. and then on to security for another 20 minute line. All this was gone this year, and then even security line didnt even take 10 minutes!!!!!!!! From the time we hit the airport to sitting at the gate was total 15 minutes!!!!!!!!! Then a very easy flight to SXM.

On arrival at the airport, we didnt get a jetway, but had to do it the old fashion way of the steps brought to the plane, a quick walk to the terminal, and then to immigration. Again, even today, ten minutes top in line through immigration, and on to baggage claim. Well.....after about 45 minutes...yes 45 minutes...waiting for our bags to finally get off the plane!!!!! This was no excuse, just poor service once again at PJIA.

On to the rental car from AAA. Was surprised that AAA no longer has the old Corollas but a new fleet of cars!! I really wanted a bit of on older car, but instead am driving a Nissan Lita i think it is. Nice car, decent amount of room for four adults, and some pep to it!!! From being a bit disappointed in a NEW car, it didnt take long to really like this car. Again, very happy with AAA.

Royal Islander once again made check in so easy, and very pleased to see a bunch of new furniture, a much more comfy sofa bed in the living room with nice colors to make the unit look even better, and all the TVs are now all decnt size LCD's....even in the bedrooms. The place looks great both inside and out.

After being a bit tired from the trip, we met up with old friends here, and decided on Toppers for dinner. Place was mobbed, plenty of green beer flowing there, corned beef and cabbage, etc. Good way to spend St. Paddy's day, even though both guys had to have the brisket!!!!! Once again, MMM MMMM Delicious!!

A great start to the next 2.5 weeks