Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
9 members (timnboston, DanS, BHK, Kvsmith1, rab, GOTOSUN, 3 invisible), 406 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
R
Member
OP Offline
Member
R
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Hi,
Looking for anybody with experience/recs about Ownertime Charters and BVI in Jan.

I've been tasked with planning a buddy's bachelor party and charter a crewed catamaran in BVI sometime in January (I hear that this is the high season!). Yes, it's a bachelor party, but we're not a super rowdy bunch...what's it like in BVI in January? Too crowded? Where are the more secluded island-hopping spots?

A family friend told me to check out www.ownertimecharters.com bc he'd used them once. I researched some other places, but it seems like Owner Time's got super nice boats and good pricing, and Jenny is upfront and seems cool. Anyone used them to charter before?

This is my first time posting, thought I'd get an account and ask for some advice. Thanks! Happy 4th of July y'all!
-R

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 464
D
DEL Offline
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
D
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 464
I have used them several times and would use them again. You have heard correctly, it is high season. That means availability is less and discounts are less. The best news I can offer is that January is usually slightly less busy/lower rates than Feb-April.

Not sure what you are looking for in a "crewed" catamaran. Understand that there are crewed boats that come with a captain and cook as a package. Alternatively, you can charter a boat and hire crew (captain + ?) through the charter company.

As a newbie, you may want to try a broker.


Douglas E. Linton
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
R
Member
OP Offline
Member
R
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
I did it! I've booked a charter with www.ownertimecharters.com for January. It's my first time doing anything like this...I'm feeling PRETTY proud of myself. Got a good deal through working with Jenny at Owner Time. I sprung for an Ipanema 58 that comes with a captain and chef...the price actually came out to being affordable when you compare it against the expense of food/drink, etc.

Plus- we'll be splitting the cost 10 ways! So that helps!

Thanks for the response Del. I'll let ya know how it goes!

-R


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5