Just back from 4 glorious weeks in the islands...life is good and happy to be home but missing SXM already...here is a brief report. Hope you don't get too bored reading it.

Airlines: This is my biggest complaint of the report...Flew AA thru DFW and MIA with a gate attendent with an attitude in MIA AGAIN...sorry but for some reason they always ask me to fit my roller in the container (this only happens in MIA) and even when it fits they tell me to go downstairs and check it. If it didn't fit I would gladly check it or buy a different one but it fits the requirements. Finally another attendent rolled her eyes and said go ahead...why the rant? Well because the person sitting next to me on the plane boarded with a back pack that took up 2/3 of the overhead and took two people to get it into the overhead and had two more totes! I agree there needs to be rules but then make it the same for everyone. No issues on the return...ok sorry about that...I feel better now...enough about that! Lets get on to the good stuff.

This is trip number 23-24 and I am officially now tired of counting and just prefer to say we have been going since the mid 80's. It was a much more relaxing trip and we didn't do as much as previous trips. The first week is all about decompressing for us and we hung on the beach or by the pool most days and early to bed, early to rise...

Arrived on 1/28 and Alain of AAA was at the airport to meet me. Had a great little car and in a matter of minutes off to Flamingo for the week. We have been using AAA for several years and always happy with the cars and service.

Flamingo: Check in was smooth and quick and we had a villa (A side in building 3). I have to agree with Mary Beth that the upgrade to the sofa and chair do not match anything and the material will not last long! Ultra suede in the islands...not the best choice...That being said they are an improvement over what was there. Everyone was very friendly , staff was great and grounds looked the best they have in years. Met the new manager who was very visible around the resort and the Regional Manager was in and we visited as well. More on that later.

Food Not going to go thru them all but still love Tutta Pasta and hope people give them a chance. I know they don't take CC but a great little place. Also went to Toppers, SMYC, BBB, Cafe on the Bay. All were good.
Le Sucreire (sp) and Taste Factory are personally responsible (OK as Jimmy Buffet would say it was my own darn fault) for 5 of the 10 pounds I gained this trip...I am officially a chocolate croissant addict!

[b]Weather[/b] It was windier and more showers than past trips at this time of year for us, but still better than at home so no complaints.

Observations Island was lush from all the rain. Mosquitos were bad but used Deep Woods OFF everynight and that seemed to help. Seemed quieter than last year, especially in the restaurants. Traffic wasn't bad either. Saw no crime but not out very late, and stayed to well travelled areas as always. Driftwood Boat bar always busy. Sunset Bar and Grill packed with cruise ship people so avoided it and the crowds there and went to Driftwood. Bucaneer Beach Bar has made some nice additions and still has a great staff working there. Our favorite!

Week two we went to Aruba and that trip report will be under the Southern Caribbean TTOL board but will say that it was a great week and we will return sooner rather than later. SXM is still our first love but we had a great time.