Member Spotlight
bbeach
bbeach
Iowa
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (sunmantwo), 743 guests, and 71 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
day boat tour- Saturday #167952
08/17/2018 06:21 PM
08/17/2018 06:21 PM
U
usasxmlover Offline OP
Traveler
usasxmlover  Offline OP
Traveler
U
Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a day- 1/2 or full tour that goes around SXM. Could be motor or sail...would like to give my adult kids a sea perspective of island, various beaches, etc. Will be in SXM end of September

Thanks in advance.

SXM Sponsors
Re: day boat tour- Saturday [Re: usasxmlover] #167954
08/17/2018 06:40 PM
08/17/2018 06:40 PM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Over the years we’ve done a few around the island tours but one in particular that stands out in my mind was our first all day catamaran sail that went out of Philipsburg, I think it was Eagle Tours Ecotour and the boat was Quality Time. It was not inexpensive but it was an all day activity that included bus transport to and from our hotels, the all day sail with several stops around the island for snorkeling and a brief stop at Tintamarre, along with lunch at the now defunct Calmos Cafe. And of course, an open bar all day for those that want to enjoy their favorite libations, alcoholic or non. I think the cost of the trip was more than justified given the pleasant day we had.

The captain and his crew were all excellent and couldn’t do enough to make all the guests happy. The boat was rated for around 55 passengers but the captain assured us they NEVER took a big group because it was deemed an island eco tour and while I’m not really certain what one thing had to do with the other but I’m sure there was sound reasoning behind this game plan.

I know there are many tours to other islands and destinations in and around SXM but I think a Saturday sail might be problematic. Or not.....😊😊

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: day boat tour- Saturday [Re: usasxmlover] #167957
08/17/2018 07:01 PM
08/17/2018 07:01 PM
Vermont
sxmmartini Offline
Traveler
sxmmartini  Offline
Traveler
Vermont
Many boats were destroyed in the hurricane but I believe Santino is operating?

39 foot motorboat 6.5 hour tour...

https://www.viator.com/tours/St-Maarten/Santino-Around-The-Island/d5625-3324P23

Re: day boat tour- Saturday [Re: pat] #167978
08/17/2018 11:42 PM
08/17/2018 11:42 PM
U
Uksimonusa Offline
Traveler
Uksimonusa  Offline
Traveler
U
Originally Posted by pat
Over the years we’ve done a few around the island tours but one in particular that stands out in my mind was our first all day catamaran sail that went out of Philipsburg, I think it was Eagle Tours Ecotour and the boat was Quality Time. It was not inexpensive but it was an all day activity that included bus transport to and from our hotels, the all day sail with several stops around the island for snorkeling and a brief stop at Tintamarre, along with lunch at the now defunct Calmos Cafe. And of course, an open bar all day for those that want to enjoy their favorite libations, alcoholic or non. I think the cost of the trip was more than justified given the pleasant day we had.

The captain and his crew were all excellent and couldn’t do enough to make all the guests happy. The boat was rated for around 55 passengers but the captain assured us they NEVER took a big group because it was deemed an island eco tour and while I’m not really certain what one thing had to do with the other but I’m sure there was sound reasoning behind this game plan.

I know there are many tours to other islands and destinations in and around SXM but I think a Saturday sail might be problematic. Or not.....😊😊

we did a day trip on Quality Time to Prickly Pear and one other stop in Anguilla, then stopping at Great Bay on the return sail, had a great time, we booked through sxmdeals.com