Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
doctorj
doctorj
Maine USA
Posts: 542
Joined: November 2001
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
3 members (SXMbeacher, Kennys, SXMScubaman), 470 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 6
H
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 6
Is anyone interested in sharing private airfare from US East Coast or FLA to St. Thomas, San Juan or BVI for 2 adults plus dog? Dates flexible but departure in Oct Nov or Dec return around Feb or March?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 6
H
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 6
does anyone know of other sites for this sort of request for shared private airfare?

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I think you are going to be stunned at the cost. To charter a overwater capable jet from South Florida to St Thomas I am going to estimate at 30,000 one way. I think that will be on the low side. You will probably need the heavy jet for over water. From STT it’s likely you will have to pay for the aircrafts return also if they can’t book a customer out of STT. That doubles the price.

Costs for chartering vary widely but expect to pay a minimum of about $1,500 per flight hour for a turboprop to $8,000 or more for a heavy jet.
G

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 09/03/2018 04:18 PM.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
N
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
N
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
I you have to split the cost you probably can't afford it.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
I
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
Thanks George,

I had heard here and other places that a group of 5-6 people could
save money by booking a private charter.
When I inquired for a trip next July, the price quoted was much
higher than a scheduled flight.
Paying for the empty return flight would explain it.
I'll probably check again closer to our travel dates
Thanks again

Mike
Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
I
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
To be clear, I was looking into SJU to EIS

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,557
Traveler
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,557
Lots of charters for SJU to EIS - VI air link, Fly BVI etc just google air charters San Juan


GordaGuy2
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
From SJU to the BVI prices will be much closer to regular airfare since you are chartering a light piston twin that operates under a lower required standard of maintenance and training. What I wonder is where the low end operators are getting pilots from. US regional airlines are hiring anyone with a pulse and license and throwing large signing bonuses at them.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5