Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,080
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 27
erb923 23
mahokid 22
GaKaye 21
kim 18
Member Spotlight
beachy
beachy
CT. USA
Posts: 87
Joined: September 2005
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
9 members (Bella, JandIrene, S/Y Mockingbird, cbinparadise, Angelface, IWIWSE, blooming, 2 invisible), 461 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#171749 10/01/2018 08:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559
Who is supposed to pay cruising tax? My boat is managed by CYOA out of CA where it is chartered when I am not using it. This past August we came in to BVI at West End where I was told I had to pay $16/person/day cruising tax for my four friends on board. While myself and my two family members did not. We were absolutely not operating as a charter boat, i.e., my friends were not paying anything other than sharing the operating costs and I presented paper work proving the boat was owned by myself. Neither I nor my friends were charged any fee by CYOA. I am of the opinion that as we were not a "charter boat" I should not have to pay the tax. Obviously I can say that all I want but if C&I says otherwise I don't have much recourse. However, I would like to know if I'm right. Anyone?


Life's short - sail more!
BVI Sponsors
.
agrimsrud #171761 10/02/2018 08:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
As far as the BVI is concerned it’s a charter boat. Any non family must pay the taxes.
G

agrimsrud #171763 10/02/2018 08:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
I had the same reception at west end. I understand that historically, they never charged guests on board as long as the owner was present.

Does jvd c&i also charge this?


Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5