pat 42
Todd 40
jazzgal 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (Mark2dBVI, jeepers, jaxon60, Memphré, magpie, Midsouth, TravelHat, eightzerobits, GeorgeC1, sugarae, xrayman67, LINNY, SXMScubaman, Standrea, ericlut, SXMBND, Kennys, bailau, CaribbeanCanadians, jazzgal, 12 invisible), 1,005 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Six days into vacation #173302
10/25/2018 06:30 AM
10/25/2018 06:30 AM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Offline OP
Traveler
fabila  Offline OP
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
We continue to enjoy days on the beach in front of our Villa. The sun has blessed us each day and ocean has been refreshing and clear. It's such a pleasure to be so close to the water.

We went to lunch yesterday at Sunset Bar & Grill. We all had something different and all were good. A friend asked them to add arugula and proscuitto to her pizza. The arugula was added as requested after it was cooked. They forgot the proscuitto but that was quickly remendied when the waitress bought some shredded pieces out for her. Burger was decent, great onion rings, coconut shrimp and salads. My salad had goat cheese, apples and candied walnuts and I added grilled chicken. I asked for an 🥑 ranch dressing instead of raspberry vinagerette that came with salad and that was no problem. So much grilled chicken that it could have easily fed 2 people.

For dinner we went to Topper's because it was prime rib night. We left BSV at 7p and hit normal traffic by the Causeway. Traffic had slowed but was moving. It took about 20 min at that point. We were a party of 4 and there was only one prime rib left. The prime rib was good but heavily sauced which is not the way it use to be served. The sauce tasted on the Asian side. I don't think a prime rib purist would have been happy but we enjoyed it. Me and David split it. Very tender and enough for us with the rice and carrots. Only disappointment was the whiskey carrots which have always been a fav of ours. They were bland and undercooked. Prime rib was $34.95. Coconut shrimp were very good, beef brisket sandwich, and meatloaf completed our dining choices.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Six days into vacation [Re: fabila] #173303
10/25/2018 07:39 AM
10/25/2018 07:39 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
Another day in paradise! I loved the fact we were on the beach when we stayed at BSV. The sound of waves lulled us to sleep each night.

guess I'm a prime rib purist because I wouldn't want that sauce. Same thing happed to us at Greenhouse on their Prime Rib night but it was nearer to 5 pm not after 7 so we were surprised it was sold out. Other couple with us were so bummed they tried to convince us to go someplace else.

Re: Six days into vacation [Re: fabila] #173304
10/25/2018 08:21 AM
10/25/2018 08:21 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Louise--that salad at Sunset sounds right up my alley!! Hopefully when you get home, you can figure out how to post some pictures!

Sounds like the traffic woes have settled down, which is good.

Enjoy the rest of your stay! I'm so envious, wish I was there!!

Carol Hill