Eleventh charter in the BVI's. The good and one little bump.
The good: The Galleon House B & B in St Thomas for a clean, cheap, first night if you have to over night in S T.
There are 99 steps to the top however.
Jerry's car rental in West End-great service.
With a car, we got to provision at Bobby's, Riteway, Tico, and my favorite, DeliFrance (across the driveway from Tico.
With a car, we went to The Clubhouse on Frenchmans Cay (THANK YOU MANPOT) for happy hour. The BEST.
Also liked the pizza at Corsairs, Hog Heaven (wonderful view of North Sound), Elm bbq, and the fresh, blackened tuna at the Willy-T.
This was the first charter with just my wife, Barbara & I.
We used the Captains Compass with a 39' Beneteau, 3 cabin and 2 heads. Brent always has the boats clean and ready to go. Manuel Reef Marina in Sea Cows Bay has new showers, laundry facilites, and a newly opened store, all within 30' of the boat. Handy.
The bump: Called the Last Resort to see when Al, the singing chef, would be playing. Was told "Tuesday thru Friday". Pulled into Trellis Bay on a Wednesday, grabbed a ball, and the man came to collect the fee said "happy hour at 5:30, dinner at 6:30, and Al at 9. We radioed for reservations. All good so far.
Went over at 6 and they tried to put us almost outside. I said I wanted to be near where Al would be singing.
"He isn't playing tonight, not enough people". Seems you have to call after 3:30 to see how many reservations they have to see if Al will play that night!
The price you pay for a July charter I guess.
The excellent: 20 days on a boat in the BVI's with just your lovely wife. Could not have had a better trip.