In which, we brave the elements and make some new friends.

It rained today. Sometimes just a quick sprinkle, other times great wind-driven sheets of rain came hammering down. No beach walk was done but by around 11:00, we figured that we had to get some beach time in or the day would be a complete loss. I got in a short swim before the precipitation was more than within sight. (That's a cultural reference that only certain Brits are likely to get.)
We headed to The Perch and grabbed a couple of cappuccinos to try and warm up. Back at base, we looked around for any impromptu parties we could gatecrash but nothing doing. The Goddess dispatched me for some fresh cheese and pâté and I headed to US Market for some more Morbier and some Brie de Maux and witnessed the astonishing sight of a customer trying to negotiate €=$ at the checkout. I mean, really.

The rain continued and I eventually called Luiz to postpone The Goddess's swimsuit pickup until tomorrow. He sounded as relieved as I was not to have to brave the weather for our appointment. Check back tomorrow for more of The Goddess's adventures in the world of bespoke swimsuit tailoring.

At 4PM, we were picked up by Thierry and driven up to Club Fantastico for a look see. We looked and liked what we saw, so tomorrow we are checking out of Club O and spending the last 3 nights of our trip with Chloë & Thierry and their other guests. CF provides a pool and hot tub and general hangout facilities that Club O doesn't and which we missed from the villa experience and, well, none of this is particularly funny, is it , chaps?

In the morning, we will pack up and leave a note for the next occupants suggesting that they feed the cats with the bag of kibble we leave behind. Then, up the hill to CF we go, now that I know how to get there. I think. No, really, I do. If I don't, The Goddess will be less than pleased. Wish me luck.

[Linked Image]