And this was the day that The Goddess met Luiz.

We slept later for this Sunday morning so there was no beach walk for yours truly. We got to L'Orientique in time for our croissants and then headed out to US Market for some more supplies, including a new bag of kibble for the cats that have adopted us. I know...

Hit the beach, bobbed around a bit, swam the beach and picked up my reward at The Perch. It was a little breezy this morning and the swim was somewhat more difficult than usual. Bobbed some more, then walked down to Ethnic for lunch. Sundays are obviously family days out. We were the only non-French people there and everyone seemed to know each other. We shared a fabulous Saint-Marcellin burger and couple of Heinekens and after lunch I wanted to find some beads for myself to mark my transition to naked beach bum. As I was looking through the stall, I caught sight of this guy reclining in the next stall and looking thoroughly chilled out. 

"Are you Luiz?" 

"Sure am". 

I then informed the Goddess that she had to meet this guy. Seconds later she had fallen under his spell, disrobed and was letting a total stranger lay his hands on her. One fitting later, one bespoke costume ordered, she left reeling and wondering if what had just happened had in fact happened. I think she was still in something of a daze for the rest of the afternoon, which went (sing along with me, folks) beach, beach, sand, sand, bob, bob, snooze, snooze.

This evening I made a sort-of jambalaya and we settled down with books and wine glasses and music as Day 8 wound to an end.

[Linked Image]