Day 6

Such a great day today and yet it's strangely difficult to make it funny or inventive. We signed up for the Tiko Tiko trip to Tintamare at the beginning of the week and until Wednesday ours were the only names on the sign-up sheet. Then Biturbo and Rabby from TTOL signed up. We had been chatting with another couple and they told me that they decided to sign up too and had persuaded another couple they knew to do so as well. To be honest, I wasn't hugely thrilled by this because for some reason I wasn't warming to these folks. Gawd knows why, because as things turned out, they were marvelous people and great company and The Goddess and I are looking forward to meeting up with them again. I'm a firm believer in it's not me, it's you but in this case, I couldn't have been more wrong.

So, 8:00AM finds us heading into L'Orientique for breakfast and -- hold on to your hats, folks, here comes another piece of actual reportage -- there are almost no croissants or pastries left and the place has only just opened. I had noticed a bunch of brown bags with names on them behind the checkout counter. It looks like Club O allows you to reserve pastries for breakfast. There were quite a number of these bags and all we had access to at 8:05, with a few people ahead of us, was one almond croissant and some apricot pastries. Not the best start to the day. Back at the unit, we fed the cats then fed ourselves (meagerly) and headed off for our day on Tiko Tiko.

The boat, it has to be said, features some very attractive crew. Li, the first mate today, is a strikingly physiqued Brazilian lady. Quite quiet but attentive enough. It turns out that she hails from a remote town close to another remote Brazilian town that I had cause to visit a few years ago. It was quite a rough sail over and I had to ask for something to combat mal de mer. Once we got the though, all thoughts of stomach discomfort disappeared. The water was a wonderful turquoise, we all chatted and got along wonderfully and had a laugh at the reaction of one other group of visitors who seemed to be frightened off by the scary naked people. Celine came in and one of the passengers came over to join us naked folk. The guy was helping out on the boat as part of a trip here to plan his early retirement from New York banking. He reckoned he was on island to find a place to live, a boat to buy and a girlfriend and he wasn't particularly concerned about the order of execution. Interesting bloke.

Float, float, drink, float, walk beach, chat, swim, lunch, float some more and four o'clock finally came around. Back to Papagayo in time for a quick happy hour BBC then back for some cheese and wine before crashing. The Goddess is fast asleep at 8:45PM and her willing servant won't be far behind her. And thus endeth a really great day.

[Linked Image]