Wherein, I accompany the Goddess of Food & Love on her annual pilgrimage.

Day 1
Travel Day. Overnighted at Sheraton at Airport. 8:35 flight meant short lines at US Immigration and Security. At 6:30 on a Sunday morning, I should damn well hope so! Puddle jumper to CLT and quick jaunt from Concourse A to D for our US Air connection. Fun cabin crew despite the hard sell on their credit card promotion. Arrived on time and AAA was waiting for us outside to takes to get our car. Myra processed us quickly and we were on our way clockwise around the island. On a Sunday afternoon, the roads are so quiet.

Got to Club O and were given a quick orientation as first-time guests. Unpacked and headed down to the beach to claim our loungers then along to Papagayo for Happy Hour and dinner, plus a complementary bottle of wine. We hadn't eaten much all day so were both pretty hungry and Papagayo met our requirement of being convenient enough that we didn't have to drive anywhere, so off we went. 
The Goddess had Tilapia while I had the Shrimp in a Pernod sauce. Both were great and also pretty cheap. The white wine was rank but, hey!, it was free.

Mozzies were out and we both got some bites. Since we travelled with only carry-on, we have to wait until tomorrow before picking up some bug repellant as well as sun screen, as soon as The Boutique opens.

Back to our Studio for some reading and then sleep at the end of a smooth but long day.

[Linked Image]