Member Spotlight
Jim_Laraine
Jim_Laraine
Maryland
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
paradissatravel, SXMCONNECTION
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (Bernd, nevar37, jeepers, Kennys, bran, Alecs, Manpot, geomo, CaribbeanCanadians, mark37, SteveH, Beansbbq, BillB42, Matt W, sunshine44, jazzgal, GeorgeC1, deliveryskipper, MrEZgoin, duckfat, luvtotravel, xrayman67, JeanneB, betsyg, NWALEE, charlie, 6 invisible), 966 guests, and 157 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day 10 Marigot Bay, St. Lucia #18468
01/23/2013 10:23 PM
01/23/2013 10:23 PM
S
Sunset_Sammy Offline OP
Traveler
Sunset_Sammy  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Jan. 22: Marigot Bay
We started off early with the main reefed, the wind was howling and some of the gusts were in excess of 30 knots. The boat is solid enough that these conditions aren’t uncomfortable, but occasionally a wave will splash over the side, soaking everyone in the cockpit. I decided I wanted to stay dry so I popped down into the cockpit and took a snooze on the leeward settee. As we approached the Pitons a few dolphins decided to give us a show, jumping right out of the water as they played in our bow wave. We had lunch underway, Mediterranean wraps with pesto, I added some marinated eggplant to mine for an extra kick.
[Linked Image]
No shack on the beach, overlooking Chateau Mygo

We arrived in Marigot Bay in good time, usually we tie up to Chateau Mygo, but I had promised to make my signature spaghetti and meatballs (homemade by the way with some Mineo and Sappio Italian sausage from Buffalo on the side, so we took a mooring opposite the Moorings base. When the fruit vendor pulled alongside to see if we needed anything I suggested some bananas so we could have another banana bread since everyone enjoyed it so much. We went ashore for “real showers” at the charter base and some internet at Chateau Mygo.
[Linked Image]
Taking the "family car" out for a ride

Dan figured out how to sign up for the Digicel international calling plan by texting from my phone so I bought the package; you can’t beat it 120 minutes of calls to the US or Europe for 20 EC ($8 US). I phoned Kim, who is freezing in temps near zero back home and reminded her that soon she will be warming her bones on the beach in Grenada, I also cleared it with her to fly back from St. Lucia by herself so I could go to St. Maarten for the Heineken Regatta at the end of next month. She has gotten pretty adventurous lately, when we first met she wouldn’t even drive into Buffalo alone. I worked on the dinner with the help of Arvil, who also made the banana bread using my recipe; it came out just as good as the last one. We enjoyed our meal in the cockpit under the stars and then had banana bread and vanilla ice cream with the last of the rum sauce spooned over the ice cream. Afterwards it was rum punches all around and some of the fine Grenadain rum, Westerhall Plantation Rum, Kieth had picked up on Petite Martinique. This will be our last night on the boat, I was concerned that 10 days wasn’t enough to see the Grenadines, since the holiday trip is 14, but we managed to stop at some nice places and it was another great trip.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!
Sponsors
Re: Day 10 Marigot Bay, St. Lucia [Re: Sunset_Sammy] #18469
01/24/2013 10:01 AM
01/24/2013 10:01 AM
Knoxville, Tennessee
Fred Offline
Traveler
Fred  Offline
Traveler
Knoxville, Tennessee
Sam,

You've taken a verse directly out of JB's Manana where "They're freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in their cars and I'm lying here 'neath the sun and the stars". Glad you had a great trip and it sounds like it's only phase 1 of about 3 total. The tulips should be in bloom by the time you get back.
Did you already have a Digicel SIM card to enable you to use your phone? I have an unlocked phone but no Digicel card.
Thanks for the great reports and pictures and I can't wait to get down there.
Fred

Re: Day 10 Marigot Bay, St. Lucia [Re: Fred] #18470
01/24/2013 11:28 PM
01/24/2013 11:28 PM
between the Purcells and the R...
B
barata Offline
Traveler
barata  Offline
Traveler
B
between the Purcells and the R...
I've really enjoyed reading your trip reports and have made a few notes of "places to eat and anchor" for our upcoming trip. Thanks a bunch!

Moderated by  Eric_Hill, Eva