Member Spotlight
gomer36
gomer36
Lake Orion, MI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
tams
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (YachtReprise, Midsouth, CaribbeanCanadians, EdB, GeorgeC1, sailATX, KirkB, timnboston, sunmantwo, Kennys, Fran, bailau, polaris, BillR, bostonbob, Matt W, tmsxmsails, pbd007, JAQ, 706jim, 8 invisible), 1,184 guests, and 114 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day 14 Shufflin' off to Buffalo #18501
01/27/2013 09:26 AM
01/27/2013 09:26 AM
S
Sunset_Sammy Offline OP
Traveler
Sunset_Sammy  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Jan. 26: Shufflin’ off to Buffalo
I don’t know how I’m going to go back to work when the time comes; I got my morning saltfish and was sitting on the wall at the waterfront park just watching the local boats motor back and forth and the yachts sailing in the distance, this has begun to feel like real life to me, how am I going to sit in a cubicle reviewing plans until the weather breaks. Being that I’m heading home today I wanted to get one more swim in before I left. I stopped over to Debby’s shop to say goodbye to her and then headed back down to the beach in front of the Hummingbird and Still Beach House. I took the shortcut through the fishermen’s cooperative and found there is a small outdoor market on Saturdays, I didn’t see it earlier in the week.
[Linked Image]
The street market on the road to the fishermen's co-op,from town turn left just after crossing the bridge

I bought a coconut from a vendor there, it was full of water and it had a lot of jelly in it, just the refreshment I needed. On the way to the beach I ran into Aheem, and told him I had lunch with his father yesterday; there weren’t too many of the guys around this morning, probably due to the revelry from last night.
[Linked Image]
A fishermans boat with fish traps

It was a little cloudy today so the sun wasn’t baking hot and the cool water felt great, I just floated around a gliding with the surf. I hadn’t been to the bar at the Still Beach House yet so I thought I would give it a try; I wanted a “tropical drink” but all I could get from the outside bar was a Piton.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Views from the Still Beach House

Still craving something sweet and creamy I went next door to the Hummingbird and had a Koko Amour, with rum, crème de cocoa, coconut cream and nutmeg, very touristy but nice for a “last drink in paradise”. I had arranged for a hotel transfer with Kimbert when he dropped me here after leaving Skyelark. He arrived early and to my surprise only charged me $30 US, I had expected to pay $50 since the taxis ask $60 - $70, I tipped him an extra $10 and told him I would be getting in touch with him next month to take Kim to the airport for her return flight since my plane to SXM leaves in the morning. We got to the airport about two hours before the flight was scheduled to leave and there wasn’t a line at the Jet Blue counter so I had my tickets in no time. I went over to the airport restaurant before going through security and had a local baked lamb meal to tide me over until I get home. My Jet Blue flights went off without a hitch, customs in JFK was quick and easy. It’s still pretty cold here, but it does feel good to cool off a little; and I thought Soufriere was the "maximum chill"!

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!
Sponsors
Re: Day 14 Shufflin' off to Buffalo [Re: Sunset_Sammy] #18502
01/28/2013 02:00 AM
01/28/2013 02:00 AM
SoCal
Bow_Rider Offline
Traveler
Bow_Rider  Offline
Traveler
SoCal
Awww, well, till next time! I suppose a daily report from your cubicle wouldn't be as interesting....

Alison

Life is short, dance often.

Moderated by  Eric_Hill, Eva