Bin back 11 days now and can't seem to get all the gears working.[Linked Image]Did 12 days this time, had to make up some of the lost time from our aborted trip in Nov.[Linked Image]<br>Flights down and back via USA were fine. Got off Sunday Apr 20th about 45 min. late, but we climbed to 38,000 feet and made up the time. Pilot was a real jokster and the one flight attendant sounded like Carol Channy(sp?). Flight moved quickly. Return flight got us in 45 min. early. And, yep, true to form, we sat for an hour before the "people mover" came to get us.[Linked Image]Good ol Philly airport. This was one day before they opened the NEW international terminal. Has anybody been through it yet???<br>The Island condition was great. Very green and clean. Saw people cleaning the roadways.[Linked Image]St Maarten Pride is working well.<br>Roads are a bit washed out from the rain they have had this spring. They tell me this is not usual during the spring. <br>Dining out varied from high to low end with one night in. That night we got a chicken from the Market @ Cupecoy.<br>Boathouse is always the first night. Mahi Mahi and snapper were good but a bit over cooked.<br>Mamma Mia's for pizza. Was not as good as last year. Pizza was slightly over done on the bottom and top. ala dry. Also got a Ceaser salad that was warm???<br>Sebastiano's in GC is one of our favorites. I always get the sea food in parchment. Rita got Tagliari (sp) it's mushrooms and ham in a cream souce. Everything was excellent [Linked Image]. Something new on the menu was Onion Soup. Not your ordinary French Onion stuff. This was made with onions, pocini mushrooms, and goat cheese. [Linked Image][Linked Image]<br>St. Germain for crepe's and cold red wine for brunch after the Marigot market. Life is good.<br>Mary's Boon for the Creole Lobster. Good food and a good time.<br>Bar de la Mer in Marigot for more sea food. Roland and Norma joined us this evening. Just can't get any better than sitting outside with good freinds, food, and drinks. Tried for the first time, Mahi Mahi steaks. It was outstanding. <br>Just a side note, Their daughter, Rolisha, is doing real good after the jurk (drunken) ran her over with the jet ski. She has a clipped off front tooth that will be capped in a few years. Also a small scare on the one cheek. Can't notice it because she has the greatist dimples when she smiles. Love those kids.<br>Saratoga for the best fish on the Island. A sad note is that Helen is no longer there. Her husband, who is a musician, is working in NY. John is not a happy camper.[Linked Image]<br>Hot Tomatoes. Not just twice, but three times. Had everything from pizza, fish, and steak. Everything was excellent[Linked Image].<br>Brads got a real winner here.<br>The final dinner was at Temptations at Cupecoy. Everything was OUTSTANDING. Rita had the salad with peaches, me the ceasar. I had the grouper that was done to perfection. Rita had the macadamia encrusted mahi mahi. This had to be the best diner we had this stay.<br>Lunches are no big deal for us. Just a snack to hold us over for dinner. Did have a good burger at Ric's. Also had a couple of lunches on left overs from Sebastianos.<br>Breakfast was eggs & bacon and/or croissants from the Market. <br>Just like everyone else, the Island gravity set in early. Our bodies are programmed for a 26 week break, and when we couldn't make it in Nov. our bodies were way overdue for a break[Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img]. Other than the Market at Marigo on Wed. we hadn't been anywhere other than Cupecoy and Maho. The second Sunday we finally toured the Island in search of another beach. Stopped at Dawn but the wind was so strong we were coated with sand before we got to the beach. Left and went to Orient. Did a little walk around, and left. Can't seem to get warm to this beach. Kind of reminds me of the Jersey shore (Wildwood or Ocean City). Ended up back at Cupecoy.<br>We did go over to see Dicky at MB. He invited us over for the afternoon. The beach is very calm and just perfect. He also made us one of his famous drinks before sending us off to the chaises. WOW, don't know what was in them, but it sure made us loose.<br>We did make 2 of the 3 TTOL Parties. I know there were 2 as one or both of us made the TTOL pictures that you guys posted. Got to meet Wendell this trip Cold one in hand at all times. We made the second sailing of the Celine. We dog sat Frankie in the aft quarters as it was his virgin trip. He definatly is a landlubber. He couldn't wait to get back to the dock.[img]/images/icons2/joy.gif[/img]<br>We finally did our shopping thing on the second Mond. P'burg is still a great place to shop. Everything is super convenient. Did stop in to see Deepti and Jeff @ DK Gems. Of course Rita found a pendent to match her A framed diamond earrings. And of course the chain she had wouldn't hold it straight, soooo we just had to get an omega gold necklace[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]Happy 45th is coming in July. (We got married when we were 10 years old)[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]<br>Also picked up a couple boxes of cigars. Think they were from The Dominican Republic [img]/images/icons2/wink.gif[/img] Also got a bottle of sipping rum. Really smoth without being sweet. It only cost $5. I'm not a big fan of [img]/images/icons2/madoudou.gif[/img]because it's too sweet. <br>All in all we had a great time, met a lot of you nice people, had some good laughs and tippeds a few. <br>Swung by the Buccaneer Beach Bar 4 times and no Neil. In fact not too many customers. Wussup there Neil??<br>By the way, I don't think I've ever seen such a good stretch of weather as we had this visit. We came in right after they had a horrific downpour. We had one day when it was threatening but it never made it to Maho, staying on the Frech side.<br>Actually got a Nisson Sentra with low miles no dents and gold colored (not white) Rented through Jack Renaldi MRSXM and Hetz. <br>I really get a laugh at getting gas down there. Wherever the pump stops it's always an even amount ie... $13 or $18. I asked the girl at the Shell station how she knows what the dollar amount is and how come it's always an evewn number. Well she goes into this big explanation and waving her arms. Can't understand what she's saying. And with a final gesture she points to the pump and says "see that's how I know what to charge you".I just said, OK[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]<br>I guess it's an Island ting.<br>Well it's less than 173 days to go. Tickets are bought, just have to pack the bags..<br>The pool gets open this week end to get ready for the TTOL Philly bash on june 7th. Bettenan will be posting with directions and times.<br>Jack_& Rita_S[img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img]