Member Spotlight
megamania
megamania
Harriston
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
39 registered members (anet_scot, MikeMc, Zanshin, Mainers, nevar37, Jim_Laraine, GeorgeC1, CaribbeanCanadians, Cincinnati_Kid, tpcook, Dutchman, luvtotravel, marisol, ColoBoater, JeanneB, Chaseec, jbutah, JohnW, GaryC, xrayman67, Todd_Melinda_K, lbksxm, Swifty, SURICK, Todd, Flotsam, leslieridler, cwoody, 11 invisible), 472 guests, and 78 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tuesday #187285
03/14/2019 06:37 AM
03/14/2019 06:37 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline OP
Traveler
RonDon  Offline OP
Traveler
Rhode Island
Just posted Wednesday then realized when I said we had met people from M rays Boon that I had not posted Tues.

Usual routine coffee on lanai. Met a beach walking couple that are staying next door, Christophe and Celine from Paris. Chris told us his family owned home near Sol e Luna and they were here to assess damage. They have decided to not re build due to all the red tape and plan to take insurance money...when it finally comes..and walk away from SXM.

Chris told us Sol eLuna people also bought le Pressoir and Temps de Cerise in Grand Case. Another place that I cannot remember name. He recommended we go to O Plongior in Marigot for either lunch or dinner so we have added it to an already long list.

Made the unfortunate choice of eating at Mary’s Boon . Hubby has strip steak . Pink in middle but tough as leather. Tons of gristle $27. I had snapper $26 that was dry. When we think of price we should have returned to Sol e Luna for the 24 euro 3 course.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Tuesday [Re: RonDon] #187294
03/14/2019 09:28 AM
03/14/2019 09:28 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wow, still don't have their insurance money? Sad.. Mary's Boon was for dinner? We had sandwiches for lunch there last time, they weren't bad. The Sol e Luna 24 E deal is only for lunch, correct?

Carol Hill
Re: Tuesday [Re: Carol_Hill] #187302
03/14/2019 10:04 AM
03/14/2019 10:04 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Carol and RonDon,

I don’t often comment on SXM dining disappointments as they are such a rarity, but one of the two worse meals I’ve ever had on the island over 45+ years of visiting was at MB last November. The only positive thing I can say was the waiter was cute and pleasant, but sadly, those qualities weren’t enough to make up for the over all experience. Everything else was bad and we count ourselves among the faithful few who still remember and always enjoyed dining at the Boon all the way back to the early 80’s when they had their fixed menus; the nineties when we stayed there and enjoyed their breakfasts almost every morning; and up to a year or two ago when we used to do the Boonies for a Day thing with friends and raved about their lobster and crab salad plates.

Hearing and reading so many positive comments we thought about trying it again next trip but maybe not after reading of your experience the other day, since it so closely mirrored ours of last November.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."