Desire Resort Trip Report<br>April 28 -May 01, 2003<br><br><br>Major improvements have been made to the Cancun Airport and getting through<br>customs and Immigration is easy. Proceed to the Curb Side Pickup Area for<br>transfers, meet your driver (prearranged transfers) or take a cab, about<br>$27.00 for cab. The cab drivers must be able to speak some English or they<br>are not allowed to work the Airport. The ride is 20 minutes and you are at<br>the Desire Resort.<br><br>When you first see the resort do not be alarmed. The 2 acre lagoon out<br>front is still under construction with a new bridge. Entering the lobby I<br>was greeted with Champagne and cold towel and a friendly attendant. Check<br>in was quick and everyone speaks Great English. I noticed in the lobby area<br>was a good size gift shop, a jewelry store, and an Internet room for<br>sending e-mails. Concierge reception and comfortable sitting area.<br>You leave the lobby and walk across a wooden bridge over a small pool with<br>Tiki style sitting area to the right, to the left a Big Tiki style Bar and<br>as you get over the bridge there is a unique bed swing area. These swings<br>are bed mats that you and your special companion can lay down on and enjoy<br>the cool summer breeze. A short walk on the winding shaded tropical pathway<br>and I am at my room.<br><br>I had an Ocean view Room. This room was five feet from the edge of the<br>beach. Tile floor through out the room and bathroom. Queen size bed<br>accented with Roman columns at the foot with a light cloth canopy and<br>mirrored back wall. Good pillows and new sheets and comforter. There was a<br>small refrigerator with bottled water and assorted sodas. A safe in the<br>closet. The Closet is big and plenty of hangers. Shelf area with coffee<br>maker and more storage for your clothes ( you wonıt need them on the beach).<br>Chair and dressing table with good lighting and mirror. Cable TV, HBO,<br>Showtime, Cinemax, Espn, Cnn, Espn2, BBC, Local stations. Of course there<br>is a phone and All the wake up calls were on time. One of my favorite<br>things about the room is Brand New Carrier Remote Control Air Conditioners,<br>Housekeeping thought I was from the North Pole. The bathroom has a walk in<br>shower , Toilet, , nice sink area with shampoo, conditioner, soap, bath<br>jell. The towels were Big and plenty of them.<br><br>Off to the beach....A short five feet and you step onto smooth soft sandy<br>beach with tiki cabanas and new lounge chairs. The beach is about 50-60<br>feet wide and the water has no waves but is warm and very clear. You can<br>wade out for about 100yards and it is only 5-6 feet deep. Off shore (you<br>can see it) about 1/4 mile is the Worldıs third largest coral reef. This<br>breaks up the waves before they hit shore. Also, because of the reef,<br>shell hunting is not that good. You pick up big beach towels by the<br>swimming pool, put on some tanning lotion and chill out in the sun.<br>Attendants come around and take drink orders, so there is no need to get up<br>when you are thirsty. A constant breeze keeps away the flies , mosquitoes,<br>and sand fleas. I really enjoyed this beach,,,no bugs. Had too much sun<br>but do not want to leave the beach? There are 25 tiki cabanas each with<br>four lounge chairs to sit on. To the left of the resort about 1/4 mile away<br>is another resort. There were no guests from this resort walking down our<br>part of the beach. To the right of Desire Resort the beach has nothing for<br>about a mile. There were no beach vendors or locals harassing the guests.<br>Security is very present , but friendly. The Army patrols the beach every<br>morning around 7:00am. This being a National Environmental Protected Area,<br>the Army is responsible to make sure no one damages the reef or beach with<br>dumping or illegal fishing and taking of coral. After a long day on the<br>beach you can get a massage at the beach gazebo.<br><br>Bart B.<br><br>This report submitted to http://www.nude-hideaways.com and may be included on this web site.<br><br><br><br>