Sat., 5/10<br>Flew from JFK to SXM, arrived on time. Got to Club Orient in time for lunch & then out to the beach. No problem getting chairs & umbrella at any time of day all week. Beach is eroded, but still a wonderful place to be (warm, turquoise water, just a bit of a breeze). Had dinner at Papagayo & went to bed early.<br>Sun., 5/11<br>Light breakfast at Papagayo, morning on the beach. Lunch at Baywatch (I had beer battered scallops, Lisa had lasagna). Met John & Toddy. John raved about the ribs, so I'd know what to order the next time. Back to the beach for the afternoon. Drove to Grand Case for dinner & ate at Le Tastevin [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] -I had shrimp & scallops, Lisa had veal with ravioli & we both had the best profiteroles once again (we've made it a habit over the years). Note: the parking lot across from Calmo's Cafe is a public lot (you can park free if you arrive early), but each day we went to Grand Case there was a young bearded local who tried to charge people $2 to park there. He was warned one evening not to do it by a large official-looking man, but was back when we returned to Grand Case the next time.<br>Mon., 5/12<br>Breakfast at Papagayo, lunch at Le Pirate (steak sandwich was OK, but not up to Baywatch standards). Met some people at the Perch bar & otherwise relaxed on the beach (wow, what an active vacation so far![Linked Image]). Went to Sebastiano in Grand Case, which once again was excellent. Had Lobster bisque & Penne alla vodka, Lisa had Mushrrom salad & Papardelle with mushroom sauce. Portions were large, so we couldn't even manage dessert.<br>Tue., 5/13<br>After breakfast at Papagayo again, went shopping in Marigot. The new mall is very attractive, but we didn't buy very much there. Lisa especially liked a little shop called O'Soleil. Had lunch at Belle Epoque (beer & pizza), which was very good. Spent the afternoon on the beach again & had dinner at L'Escapade in Grand Case (salad & shrimp in puff pastry for both). Exotic profiteroles for dessert convinced us that this dessert should be made with ice cream & not with sorbet (they used some of both). <br>Wed., 5/14<br>Breakfast at Papagayo (a western omelet with ham & no pepper?). Lunch at Baywatch -after the rave review, I had to have the ribs, which didn't disappoint (they fall off the bone & are very tasty). Lisa had the grouper sandwich, which she also enjoyed. Spent the day at the beach & then went to the wine & cheese party -spent most of it just talking to a few people, including Jeanne & Bill (Phil? -sorry, my hearing's not that great, but enjoyed talking to you over the rest of the talk & music around). Dinner at Papagayo -I had the Shrimp Papagayo & Lisa the Filet Mignon with Port Wine sauce (we tasted each other's & ordered the opposite on Friday night). Had ice cream with chocolate sauce & whipped cream for dessert (they were out of profiteroles, so we had basically the same thing without the pastry [Linked Image]). <br>Thu., 5/15<br>Breakfast in room (mango, cereal & pastries bought the day before at L'Orientique). To Papagayo to catch the Tiko Tiko to Tintamarre. Best day of the whole trip[Linked Image]! Boat ride to Tintamarre with a great group -excuse me if any of your names are misspelled: Lane & Terry from FL by way of NJ & MI, Bob & Marti from FL by way of everywhere, Alexander & Lucia -newlyweds from Russia (hope the trip back isn't too bad) and last but not least Big Jim from Boston (holy guacamole & shiver me timbers). Played on Tintamarre in the morning while Phillipe & Phillipe prepared a wonderful meal on board, then back to the boat for lunch & wonderful conversation. Back to Tintamarre for the afternoon for more play, including covering our bodies in mud & then washing it off when dry. After all that, sailed back to Club Orient (arriving just after 5PM). Drove to Grand Case again for dinner at L'Alabama. I had scorpionfish with cajun spices & orange butter sauce & Lisa had tuna in an herb butter sauce. The profiteroles (beginning to spot a pattern? [Linked Image]) were excellent, almost as good as at Le Tastevin (which remain the best we've ever had). <br>Fri., 5/16<br>Met Big Jim for tennis at 7AM -played early to avoid getting sunstroke (bit of a pun there[Linked Image]). Went to Baywatch for breakfast (a "real" western omelet with peppers & bacon instead of ham). Back to the beach for the rest of the AM & then back to Baywatch for lunch -I had the Margarita Buffalo Shrimp[Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img] & Lisa had the fried calamari (which I got a little of also, since Lisa doesn't eat that much & the portion was large). Kisses from Cheryl as we left. Told her we'd have to come back soon & she replied "Next year!". Spent the PM at the beach & had dinner at Papagayo (ordering each what the other had on Wed. night). Back to the chalet, where I wrote an entry in the guest book that had been left for that purpose. Really makes you think about what a wonderful place SXM/Club Orient is. <br>Sat., 5/17 <br>Breakfast in room (pineapple, cereal & pastries) & then check-out and a cab back to the airport. Flight back to JFK was early, but luggage was late so we ended up delayed a bit. As much as we enjoy SXM, it's good to get home & be smothered in kisses from the dog. There's no place like home, but we'll still have to find our way back to SXM soon.