Member Spotlight
joe9090
joe9090
new jersey
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
26 registered members (cbf, jphart, SXMBND, Pitt1, Reid, Kennys, Travel Talker, Kevin_B, BillDauterive, George1234, RatmansWife, KirkB, MikeMc, Manpot, WWII, extreme, CJIMI, marybeth, ChiTownHarry, bostonbob, 6 invisible), 946 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Love this charter-Breanker in the BVI #19112
04/12/2013 01:52 PM
04/12/2013 01:52 PM
C
CherylWegner Offline OP
Traveler
CherylWegner  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Before my suntan peels away I’d like to start planning my next trip on Breanker! Run by master sailors Kristian and Marrianne, this Classic Catamaran is my only choice for sailing the British Virgin Islands. Our Repeat Offender trip was made of 4 couples who have all sailed on Breanker before. We return again and again because we enjoy the hospitality and graciousness of our crew. There is never a want or need that is unnoticed, while at the same time this crew uses a gentle and unobtrusive hosting style.
The boat is large and the trampoline is extra comfortable for enjoying the sun and sail. Staterooms have private baths and, believe it or not, the bed is comfortable too. I never thought I’d say that about a boat bed! The boat is equipped with plenty of water toys and the dinghy was large enough to hole our whole party at one time.
Conveniece was spot on. Breanker will pick you up and drop you off right in St. Thomas so you don’t have to mess with the ferry to Tortola. This is a large savings in time and money.
I particularly enjoy that Kristian and Marrianne know the BVI like the back of their hands. The ins and outs of the bays, the wind patterns, and places to hide if a storm comes up. One stormy night we all were awakened by the sound of the wind. When we gathered for coffee in the morning the story was the same from everyone: “It was a little scary, but I went back to sleep knowing that we were in good hands” Wow…that’s a huge comfort when your life could be at stake!
Compatibility is an important thing when you’re on a boat together for a week. Kristian and Marrianne have this one nailed also. They are so easy to get along with and fun to hang out with too.
Finally, the food and drink. Kristian, the master of his bar, and Marrianne the magician in her kitchen! Every meal was a treat for us with unbelievable things coming out of the kitchen, including the fish we had just caught! Our drinks were delicious and never empty for too long!
For a wonderful worry-free sail in the BVI sail on Breanker!

BVI Sponsors
Re: Love this charter-Breanker in the BVI [Re: CherylWegner] #19113
04/12/2013 05:05 PM
04/12/2013 05:05 PM
SoCal
Bow_Rider Offline
Traveler
Bow_Rider  Offline
Traveler
SoCal
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Alison