Jan.24: Soufriere
I started out the day with my usual Soufriere breakfast; I went down to the town square and picked up some saltfish and fresh fruit from the vendors there. The fishermen had got a large marlin, it had been cut into large slabs and you could see the body was over 12 inches wide; there was also some yellow fin tune and a wheelbarrow full of ballyhoo, it’s times like these I wish I had a self-catering room. After breakfast I made my way down to the beach at the Still Beach House, where I planned to spend the day.
[Linked Image]
The Still Beach House

The sun was out in full force and by mid afternoon I could barely stand to walk on the sand from my towel to the water, a big difference from back home where a friend said her dog would only keep three feet on the ground at a time when she let him out. There is a little rum shack located just past the dive shop, Dai-Dai’s; I stopped occasionally for a cold Piton and some shade from the trees out front. I had brought a bottle of Chairmens Reserve with me and poured myself the random rum shot to laze away the day. When I started feeling hungry I headed back towards the town, along the waterfront rather than the road. I passed the area where some of the fishermen keep and repair their boats and ran into Chili, a water taxi driver whose lower end unit is in need of repair. He was there with some of the other guys including Aheem, Trendy’s son. I had some extra plastic cups with me so we chatted a bit while finishing off the Chairmens, some rum is a great way to meet people. I decided to go to the Creole Waterfront Restaurant for a chicken roti, it’s a little place upstairs in an old building just opposite the commercial dock; the food here is good and cheap. By the time I was done eating I was in need of a short nap, so I headed back to the hotel. When I got up I did some internet, it’s free at the hotel, and sat on the balcony for a while watching the world go by.
[Linked Image]
The church and town square

Dinner was at Skippers, which is right next door to Archies, the fish was tuna, no doubt some that had been caught that morning. I then went over to Sandy’s bar for a couple drinks; she went to see Boomer that day, they had moved him to the hospital in Casteries, he was in rough shape but is expected to make it. I stuck around for a few bottles of Guinness and then called it a night.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!