Feb. 13 Back to Grenada
I got up at 5:30 am and went down to the town dock to see if there was another early morning ferry like yesterday but the only boat at the dock was a small island trader. After getting a little more sleep I went out on the front balcony to do some internet and wait for the restaurant across the street to open, resigned to the fact that I wouldn’t be back in Grenada until about 6:30 when the afternoon ferry arrives. As I was sitting there I noticed some people with baggage milling around the island trader, I quickly ran down there to see what was going on.
[Linked Image]
The Study Us at the dock in Carriacou

Speaking with one of the guys waiting around I found out that the boat is scheduled to leave at 10:00 am for Grenada and it does take passengers; no need to buy a ticket, you just pay the Captain onboard. I ran back to the room, packed my things, checked out and was soon sitting on the dock with the other passengers. Some guys rolled up with a large push cart and began unloading some of the huge speakers that were blasting out the music during Carnival. A van also pulled up full of gas bottles and they were loaded onto the boat along with the speakers and the DJ’s other equipment. Once all the cargo was onboard the passengers passed their bags over and climbed aboard. There aren’t any seats outside so you just sit, lean or stand anywhere you can; some climbed atop the double tier of speakers and others found refuge under the tarp that was being used to protect them from any waves or rain, I spent part of the ride sitting on the DJ’s generator. We finally left the dock around 11:00 am, the boat cut the water very well and no one got seasick as they do on the ferry, the trip took about 4 ½ hours and we arrived in the Carenage in St. Georges at 3:30 pm, the scheduled departure time for the ferry from there.
[Linked Image]
Underway

[Linked Image]
Back at the dock in Grenada

The boat is called Study Us, but does not have a name plate on it; I asked the Captain his schedule and except for during Carnival, when they adjust it, they leave Grenada on Wednesday and return on Thursday, and also leave Grenada on Saturday and return on Monday, the fare is 40 EC each way. While underway the driver that had picked Kim up from the airport last night called me to say he had taken her from the Lexus to the Beach Palace Hotel and she was going to be on the beach, I called him once we arrived and he picked me up to take me there as well. I put my stuff in the room and headed down the beach to find Kim, as I passed Jenny’s Place I heard “Sam” and there she was sitting at the bar having a drink, what a sight for sore eyes indeed.
[Linked Image]
All is finally right with the world

She wasn’t the least bit mad that I missed the ferry yesterday and the room at the Lexus was fine so there were no worries. We had a drink together then walked down the beach to the Craft Market area for a while. I introduced her to Norm and Lulu then we spoke to Bob, a jewelry craftsman and vendor, and ordered Kim a bracelet, afterwards we had a beer at Janice’s rum shack. The hotel was putting on a complimentary BBQ complete with beer and wine, so we went back there and ate while meeting some of the other guests. The party lasted into the night and around 11:00 we decided to call it a night.
[Linked Image]
Her first Caribbean sunset of 2013

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!