Jan.1: Rodney Bay
I met Dan at the Ocean Club for breakfast and a screwdriver; Mike and Debby were already there, they were looking for a hotel for a few days. Deb and Dave had made arrangements to share a taxi to the airport in the afternoon, it’s the official end of the charter and everyone is heading off. Dan had mentioned last night that he had a couple spots left for the mid January trip and I could get a good deal, I checked the fares on Jet Blue and using points for one leg I could fly roundtrip Buffalo to St. Lucia for $300 with taxes and travel insurance. Now when I was on my facebook page a friend of mine who lives near me posted that it was 6*F the previous morning, but that it had warmed up to 19*F, I took it as an omen and signed up for the next trip. I sat around the pool for a while and went for a swim then took the bus over to the beach for a while. I went over to Happy Day Bar, which was closed and just watched the traffic go up and down the entrance to the marina and lagoon. The owner of the property was around cleaning up, he introduced himself and didn’t mind that I was sitting there; I had hoped to see Skyelark go out but I got there too late. They will spend the next couple weeks at anchor off Pigeon Island getting ready for the next trip. After a bit I walked over to the end of the beach by the Bay Gardens Beach Resort and went for a swim, the water was nice and there was no swell.
[Linked Image]
The far end of Reduit beach with Pigeon Island in the background

I took the bus back to the marina for some more pool time and to see Deb and Dave off, Trendy and Chris were at the bar so we had a few until dinner, which was pasta on the boat. After dinner I went back up to the bar for one more and after last nights revelry I needed a good sleep.
[Linked Image]
Deb and Dave say good-bye

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!