Member Spotlight
bdeeley
bdeeley
United States of America
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (PnPinNC, michaelj, Mikel, IWIWSE, Jeff thorton, 4 invisible), 1,048 guests, and 56 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trip Report! [Re: Allison731] #193059
04/23/2019 01:47 PM
04/23/2019 01:47 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
Interesting points, Deputydog! But, I think your opinions have been clearly shaped by all the Amish people you have met there in Sarasota! Just joking, though I did see an Amish family of ten on Siesta Key once taking in the beach! That was really interesting.

In all seriousness, it is a shame that our culture in the states doesn't match that of Europe or St. Martin. But, there are many places in the states and Canada where you can go for this. Just not enough of them. For the folks from Canada I'm curious how many have ever visited Hanlan Beach on Centre Island off Toronto? And, those from Florida actually have multiple choices. Haulover Beach and South Beach are almost legendary, but did you know there's a clothing-optional beach on Hutchinson Island near Port St. Lucie? I actually have a whole bunch of cousins who live in the Ft. Pierce/Vero Beach/Pt. St. Lucie area who at first were concerned about this, but now it's something they are proud of! And, for Allison you indicated you are a north Jersey girl. For your family there is Sandy Hook Beach on the north Jersey shore. But, although there are options closer to us nothing really compares to St. Martin and Orient Beach.

In addition, for us St. Martin is far more than going without clothes. It's also the people, the cultures, the year round perfect weather, and maybe the most important thing of all ... the restaurants!

SXM Sponsors
Re: Trip Report! [Re: SammyM] #193066
04/23/2019 02:49 PM
04/23/2019 02:49 PM
Philadelphia, PA
A
Alexander9228 Offline
Traveler
Alexander9228  Offline
Traveler
A
Philadelphia, PA
I'm originally from North Jersey and I LOVE Sandy Hook!! Was my first nude beach and I immediately knew it was something I liked when I first tried it. It's how I ended up googling "best nude beaches in the Caribbean" which brought me to Guadeloupe and Martinique and now St. Martin!! I'm a little curious how it'll be in a much more tourist catered island. Martinique isn't really a tourist hot spot so none of the nude beaches had any amenities like I'm hearing St. Martin does. Or cruises full of tourists who wanna catch a glimpse of some skin lol. Either way, I cannot wait for July!

[Linked Image]

Re: Trip Report! [Re: SammyM] #193078
04/23/2019 04:32 PM
04/23/2019 04:32 PM
The Villages, FL
deputydog1157 Offline
Traveler
deputydog1157  Offline
Traveler
The Villages, FL
Oh yes we have a whole contingent of both Amish and Mennonite folks. They make great furniture and their home cooking restaurants are always busy and yummy. The pies that Mrs. Yoder makes and sells at Yoder's restaurant is to die for! If you ever watched the shows on cable TV like return to Amish or something like that, they actually filmed here in Sarasota which they call the Las Vegas for Amish people! It's far from Vegas. One year during spring break that franchise "Girls Gone Wild" was here on Siesta Key and other locales. I ran into one of the crews while working and started talking to the crew. I asked them what they thought of Sarasota and they said they'd have to change those videos from Girls Gone Wild to "Grannies Be Mild".

In reality though I was born in Queens NY, and grew up in LonG Island (Hard G, lol) until I transferred to New Hampshire when I was 28. Lived there for 8 years and realized I went the wrong direction and at 36 (25 years ago) moved to Sarasota, FL.

Yes there are some beaches in Florida that allow clothing optional but they are all on the east coast which is a 3-4 hour drive. Looks like there's a posting in the nude forum where one of the Florida beaches is under attack by the commissioners to remove the C/O designation. Too many people with Victorian ideals. Prior to my older sister moving in with us we would sit on our lanai (patio) and use the pool au naturel every opportunity we could, but lt year was the first in public.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trip Report! [Re: Allison731] #193101
04/23/2019 07:05 PM
04/23/2019 07:05 PM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Originally Posted by Allison731
Of course, what happens in July is going to top out everything....

You are going to leave us dangling for three months? Cruel!! yikes

[Linked Image]
Re: Trip Report! [Re: deputydog1157] #193132
04/24/2019 08:08 AM
04/24/2019 08:08 AM
Edison, NJ
Allison731 Offline OP
Traveler
Allison731  Offline OP
Traveler
Edison, NJ
Originally Posted by deputydog1157
When you were at your vacation rental unit, you and your family may have felt less inhibitions and were comfortable in various states of undress.

Actually, inside we were all fully dressed and only changed in private. I know that sounds weird, but it just didn’t hit me until I got to the beach. Other than the three times on the clothing optional area, my mom and I kept our clothes on, and my dad and boyfriend kept their clothes on the entire trip, even on that beach.

Originally Posted by jazzgal
Originally Posted by Allison731
Of course, what happens in July is going to top out everything....

You are going to leave us dangling for three months? Cruel!! yikes

Marvel made us wait much longer. But feel free to speculate.

Re: Trip Report! [Re: Allison731] #193155
04/24/2019 11:25 AM
04/24/2019 11:25 AM
The Villages, FL
deputydog1157 Offline
Traveler
deputydog1157  Offline
Traveler
The Villages, FL
I was surprised to read your reply that it was you and mom that went nude. It's usually the other way around. As for your trip, o speculate would be just plain foolish on my part but seems that you'll be enjoying the C/O experience again. Maybe this time you'll get the boys to join in.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trip Report! [Re: deputydog1157] #193200
04/25/2019 10:04 AM
04/25/2019 10:04 AM
Edison, NJ
Allison731 Offline OP
Traveler
Allison731  Offline OP
Traveler
Edison, NJ
Originally Posted by deputydog1157
I was surprised to read your reply that it was you and mom that went nude. It's usually the other way around. As for your trip, o speculate would be just plain foolish on my part but seems that you'll be enjoying the C/O experience again. Maybe this time you'll get the boys to join in.

I did notice there were more men than women there, but none of them seemed to be gawkers, and certainly no comments came out of their mouths. We didn’t come here to go nude and I wasn’t even expecting it to happen until I hit the beach. It’s definitely not the reason we’re going back, but, as with the first time, if it happens, it happens.

Re: Trip Report! [Re: Allison731] #193216
04/25/2019 12:12 PM
04/25/2019 12:12 PM
Clearwater, FL
Biturbo Offline
Traveler
Biturbo  Offline
Traveler
Clearwater, FL
"We didn’t come here to go nude and I wasn’t even expecting it to happen until I hit the beach".

Same here, wish we had done it sooner. Paraphrasing the old Honda commercial - "You meet the nicest people on a c/o beach".

I'm going where the weather suits my clothes.
Re: Trip Report! [Re: Allison731] #193217
04/25/2019 12:29 PM
04/25/2019 12:29 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
And, did you know there a several health benefits associated with going nude at the beach (and other places, where it is acceptable)? My friends think I'm making this up, but seriously most people tend to wear clothing that is too restrictive and this impedes circulation in some people. Without clothing, circulation improves and this can only be a good thing. In addition, skin allergies from different types of clothing and/or detergents do not develop. Without clothes, but with the proper sunscreen, the sun provides needed amounts of vitamin D thru skin absorption. Many people, and especially adults over age 50, have vitamin D deficiencies, and in some cases there levels are very low. Proper levels of Vitamin D help our immune systems.

Sleeping nude, whether on the beach or in your bed, provides deeper most restful sleep because your body temperature is slightly lower without pajamas, cover-ups, etc. on. Deeper sleep helps improve overall health.

These are just some of the reasons that I am aware of. Probably most important is simply being comfortable in your 'own skin.' I have this dumb saying that goes ... "you've got nothing to hide when you have nothing to hide."

Re: Trip Report! [Re: SammyM] #194890
05/15/2019 08:20 AM
05/15/2019 08:20 AM
Edison, NJ
Allison731 Offline OP
Traveler
Allison731  Offline OP
Traveler
Edison, NJ
I think that works for some people, but not for me. I’m not a naked person at all except for the shower. Yeah, I do live within a couple of hours of Gunnison, but nobody I know has actually been there; it’s mainly been the butt of a few jokes in the hallway. Of the people I know, I know one person who went topless on a cruise to Hamaica, but that’s really it. I don’t know if it’s an American thing, either. When I was down there, I met quite a few people. There were some people, like me, who just wanted to try it, there were a couple of regular nudists, but most of the people I encountered simply weren’t interested.

Page 2 of 2 1 2