Trip Report 03/18-03/29
This is my first time to post any report, so take it easy on me! I have asked a few questions on here, but that's about it. I have enjoyed reading everybody else's notes about their trip so I felt like I should do the same. It makes you feel like you are there again! Thanks to everybody who takes the time to write those reports.

We had two other couples with us on a Lagoon 440 chartered from BVIYC. This is our third time so we skipped some ‘main’ attractions that we had already been to and went to some new ‘main’ attractions for us.

Day One: Instructed Bobby’s to deliver our provisions about two hours before we really needed them and it worked out perfect. Last year they were famously late. Went over to the Riteway store for the remainder. It is so nice now that we decided next year all we really need to do is provision for our beverages and we can get everything else there. Finally got away from Road Town about 1:00 and sailed to Cooper. Had dinner at CIBC and it was wonderful.

Day Two: We had Nick reserve us a slip at Leverick. Thanks Nick! Nice meeting him. First time we have done this and we really loved it. Nice for a change not to have to ‘dinghy’ in. Saw the Michael Beans show for the first time. We had downed a few pain killers prior to so we were not shy about participating during the show. We were in the first slip right across from the outside where the private cruise ships dock. We talked to some of their crew and found out it was a six week family vacation. We happened to be on the boat when that ‘family’ returned from an outing and if they had not been in island clothes, I would have thought they were returning from a funeral!! None of them were talking, smiling, holding hands. If I was getting on my own private ship, I would be skipping and jumping!

Day Three: ANEGADA!! Our first time. I had ordered the chart from Walker [BVI Pirate] and it was handy. It was a bright sunny day and that helped as well. It was Yacht Week and all the mooring balls were taken by the time we got there, but as I had been told by somebody on this forum it was a very easy place to anchor. We rented a truck with the open seats in the back and toured the island. Cow Wreck was packed with the Yacht Week people so we went and checked out Loblolly. Very quiet at Flash of Beauty. We were the only ones there. Drove back to Neptune’s to check it out as my husband and I made a reservation to stay there for three days after our charter ended. Can’t say enough about Mark and Pam, but that will be on days 8-10. We had dinner at Potter’s By the Sea – lobster was fantastic!!

Day Four: Sailed to Guana Island and anchored in White Bay [I think?] just north of Monkey Point. Enjoyed this spot very much. Another sunny day and we had never snorkeled at Monkey Point, so it worked out great. Everybody enjoyed it.

Day Five: On to Jost Van Dyke. We spent the first night at Great Harbor. We took a taxi over to Sydney’s and spent a little time shopping over there. Then back to Great Harbor, Foxy’s, etc. Thankfully, this year we knew to make a reservation for dinner at Corsair’s. Last year we waited two hours and still didn’t get seated. I must say it was one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. The lobster was HUGE, cooked perfectly and covered with something relative to Alfredo sauce with shrimp and scallops and a side of linguine. It was to die for! I have a picture and will try to post it if I can figure out how to do it.

Day Six: Moved over to White Bay in front of Ivan’s. We have decided we like the quieter space over there. Had some drinks at Ivan’s and then dinner at Soggy Dollar. Another really good meal. Our group spent 2 days there last year and my husband and I have stayed at Ivan’s guest house, so we really didn’t stick around very long this time.

Day Seven: Sailed to the Bight and OMG I have never seen so many boats in one place! It was a total zoo. The Pirate’s Bight is really beautiful. I had never been there before so I have nothing to compare it to. My friends were disappointed in the lobster they had there. I had the seafood lasagna and it was the bomb! Can you tell I’m into the food??

Days Eight-Ten: Time to turn in the boat and say goodbye to our friends. DH and I took a ferry to Anegada and spent the next three days at Neptune’s. Pam and Mark have to be some of the best hosts ever! They made us feel right at home. Spent some time at the outdoor bar talking to Danny [Danny’s Bonefishing]. Didn’t get the chance to go with him, but so wished we could have. He’s a hoot and I can only imagine how much fun he would be on a fishing excursion. We rented a jeep from Dean, who was super easy to work with. We snorkeled at Loblolly and saw some whales early one morning. We were the only ones on the beach at the time. We spent a lot of time just driving to different beach areas where we were the only ones there. Not for everyone, but it was right up our alley. We loved it so much we didn’t want to go. We had a reservation in Cane Garden Bay for Wednesday because we had been told a long time back that the ferry didn’t run on Thursday. Mark and Pam assured us that it did and since nobody had reserved the room we were staying in, we just blew off our other reservation and stayed on Anegada another day!

I’ve got some really great pictures to share, but I’m not seeing how to upload them. I’ll do some more researching, but if somebody wants to help that would be great.