This is our 17th time to the friendly island and we are living the dream now. Our flight was going to be United Newark to SXM on Wed but was cancelled so we had to go out JFK on American. Flight was good we got out before the heavy winds and SNOW. We have a party of 6 people and other friends joined us on Sunday for the rest of the trip. The group is a great fun group all in there 50’s.

We then had lunch in the terminal and chartered the entire plane… ok it seats 7 for our long eight minutes to Anguilla. One hundred a person on Anguilla air well worth it. They handled all of the details for the transfer no lines and the captain John our pilot was great they even had a co-pilot too. The transfers were smooth as silk and could not have easier. The next three days were relaxing on Shoal Bay and our own beach at Meads Bay. We tour the island hung at Meads Bay at the Hotel Anacaona which was great relaxing before we bring it up a few steps in SXM. Staff service and property were all great.

One by air two by the sea. Links Ferry Service was great they started in the late 90’s and they again made another smooth trip enjoyable. Left from Blowing Point and they dropped us you off right in Simpson Bay. Rent a car at Payless no issues. Sat. we checked into LaVista and nice room etc…Dinner with 8 of us at IZI – Excellent followed by great Ice Cream at the Carousel.

Sunday off early to Mullet to see Rosie and have the best RIBS on the island. Ran from Lavista up to the French side and back. Stopped to see my friend Elvis who I though I saw the night before when we were walking into ZIA. We both did a double take not thinking that we would run into each… only for us to confirm that it was a Elvis sighting! We both looked and looked away.. Thinking the same thing it couldn’t be but it was … the world is small but the friendships that you make on this island are amazing… Park of our family when we visit SXM. I bring a leave all my running clothes for him and the rest of the runners on the island… well it gives me an excuse to buy new stuff and not feel as guilty.
Mullet Bay had the biggest waves I have EVER seen and it was so rough I lost it coming in and lost my goggles and tumbled with monsters… It was fun.. That gave me a reason to go to the tri store in Simpson Bay to buy new one a a cool bike shirt 65.00 well worth it. My buddy and I have matching one so when we are DTS (DOWN THE SHORE) the Jersey Shore.

Dinner at Pineapple Pete’s was good and pool was fun.. My team lost…. But it was down to the last shot…. Nice casual place.

Monday – Orient Beach- early running on the beach back and forth yoga on the beach dip in Club Orient beach and hung there till the rest of the crew arrived.. so nice! Running was hard since you had to run off the beach when you crossed over to the Club O side. Lots of beach missing in action. LaString and Johnny was our base for the day with Massages booked the Christane for the whole day… The best healer, masseuse, person on the island for sure you need to book your treatment. She is right on the beach at Coco beach before the rocks. There are chairs where you can wait for your turn but they also have a nice beach and textile optional section also available to the left. She just has this power to sense your issues with your body and your mind. This is just a great way to check in or out whatever is your desire. She was booked the whole week so we may be able to squeeze her in at the end of our trip but again well worth it Here is her contact information christianemassage@yahoo.fr Christane Potonnier . Ran into friends from Mullet and met some new ones… Tell her Filet Mignon sent you….
Monday night at Pizza at Belle Epoque was good for a causal night. It was not as good as years past. The crowds of years past are gone.
Tuesday Breakfast in and lunch at Raymonds on Baie Rouge Dinner was great and dinner in Grand Case tonight at Spiga our favorite on the island was over the top. Pumpkin Raviolis and veal dish amazing. It was $100 a head but well worth every penny. In advance sorry if typos… but wanted to get this out if anyone can use the above.

Wednesday breakfast at Chesterfields and off to Dawn Beach. We have not been there for over 20 years so we thought we would give it a try since the dirt road was replaced with pavement.

People ask me why St Martin I say the best food the best beaches. Two different experiences on the same island