Wed, Dec 19th. Drove to Charlotte and spent the night at the Hyatt. The cost of the hotel and the amount we would pay to park were about the same and it would save us driving an hour and a half to the airport in the morning. Good idea, at the time. Will explain this later.

9:30 am flight was delayed approx an hour while they replaced a part. No big deal and the flight was smooth.

Breezed through the airport in a hurry and met the representative from Leisure Car Rental just outside the airport. I cannot say enough nice things about this company. The paperwork was quickly processed and we were on our way.

The first two nights were spent at the Flamingo in a ground floor studio. Great room and it was not so close to Toppers as to be noisy. The rest of the trip was at LaVista in the penthouse. The unit was great in all ways except the spiral staircase. I am just too uncoordinated to go up and down those stairs.

Restaurants (in no particular order)(and I forgot some)
Yacht Club
Pizza Galley
Driftwood Boat Bar
Lees
Peg Leg
Chez Leandra
Kakao
Karakter- It was very rough the day we were there but still fun.

Overall I saw alot of beach erosion but as most of you know, it will come back.

Overall the trip was great until....we got back to Charlotte and the line for immigration was wayyyy long. Then we called the Hyatt and asked for the shuttle to pick us up. 45 minutes of sitting outside in the cold was enough so we took a taxi back to the Hyatt. I would not recommend staying there although the hotel itself was nice.

Now, it is back to work and looking forward to our next trip. Whenever that may be.