Love the island and have been many times. This time decided to bring my family (parents, sister, and grandmother).

Flights: Flew out of Newark on United which was a first. Flight landed early and I was very happy. On the way home I took my usual JetBlue flight to JFK. I have always been happy with them to date, but when we all got on the plane and everyone was seated the captain told us that they forgot to load the luggage so it would be a few minutes. 45 minutes later we took off.

Villa: We stayed at a beautiful villa in Terres Basses. I have stayed at a few different villas in this community, but this by far was my favorite. It was very well decorated and beautiful views of Plum Bay and of Saba and Anguilla.

Activities: Did the usual 3/4 day charter with Neil on New Year’s Eve. Always like doing this charter and look forward to the meal that he whips up. Weather was perfect and my entire family was impressed. Neil is the best!!! We went to the market in Marigot on Wednesday and to Phillipsburg on Friday. For the most part we relaxed at the villa and went to Plum Bay every other day. It was exactly what everyone needed.

Meals: For breakfast almost every day I went to the little croissant shop in sandy ground. I can’t remember the name, but it is amazing. I would pick up a bunch of different things and bring it back to villa for everyone. Always good!!

For the first night (Saturday) we arrived we did Fabulous Feast delivery. If you have not used them I recommend them. You order your meals beforehand and they deliver the meals right to your villa. All you do is throw them in the oven for 10 minutes. They are always great and right on time. I used them again for our meal on Weds night, but this time we did the chef. He came and cooked us a great 4 course lobster dinner. It was great and my favorite chef meal to date by them. They set the table and pour your wines throughout the meal. 5 stars all the way.

Sunday we went to Karacters and it was great as always. I love it there at night. For some reason never busy when I am there at night and I am perfectly fine with that.

Monday (New Year’s Eve) we went to Bajatzu. They were packed and the owner at the front desk (can't remember her name) was thanking me that I emailed her the day prior as the person I made the reservation with 2 months prior no longer worked there and never put my reservation in the book. She accommodated. The food was great!! Service was a little slow, but they were packed so I get it. We did a 3 course tasting menu. I added the escargot in though for starters and was glad I did. It was great. Also the Veuve flows like water there I love it. Rang in the New Year at Sky Beach Bar. It was packed and a great party. Had a great view of the fireworks as well

Tuesday (New Year’s Day) we went to Le Santal. Rough area, but great food. We tried a lot of things on the menu. Had one of the little balconies for the whole group and it was great to hear the wave’s crash on the rocks. Will definitely be back!!

Wednesday we ate breakfast at Serafina in Marigot which was great. Had the chef for dinner as mentioned above.

Thursday we ate lunch at Bacchus at the Blue Mall. Some people had salads and some had wraps and I had the mahi mahi burger. I enjoyed it and my group was satisfied. For dinner we went to PizzaPasta. My group seemed to enjoy the dinner. I had the meat ravioli with rose sauce and was satisfied. Not our best meal by far, but it was good.

Friday: We ate lunch at Caribbean blend in Phillipsburg and I always enjoy the rib platter. We had dinner at Moulin Fou which I enjoyed. I would definitely return.

Saturday: We spent the afternoon at Sunset beach bar to have some drinks and pizza before our flight. It was packed, but somehow we got a table right on the water. It was a great finale to a great week.